Originally posted by fastfolch:
I feel your pain.

My wonderful white mystique v6 is in the classifieds

I really don't want to part with it. Ford really didn't know what they had when they developed these models.

I just plunked down some bucks on two cars. One for the wife and a replacement for the mysty.

The wife's is a black Subaru Forrester XT
turbo w/ 200hp. Boy, Can that car move.

The choice for me, because of limited budget, was a Scion TC. The press has been reporting that the TC's engine is the Camry's 2.4 lt. Actually, a guy at the Scion dealership said that it was actually a replacement for the Celica........Whatever. All I know is that it has the same or more torque of the line than my misty. I can't comment on how it compares to a Conty SVT. My misty had some minor tick-outs (2.5 inch exhaust and 3A muffler) as well as a Superchip and a KKM intake. She can haul a....

I just want to say that Contour.Org has been a pleasure to read and use as a source of GOOD info. This site is the gold standard for enthusiast sites. I have been around a few as a reader and this one has the most valid and up-to-date REAL info I have had the pleasure to read and to put to good use. You folks and all the contributors (site and forum alike) are to be commended for excellent work. I work at a major defense contractor and I wish their tech info was as timely and useful and on-point as this site is.

It has been great and much good fortune for continued success.

hmm... i heard that the tC had the engine out of a toyota solara...

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's