Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Vote for me!

I voted for YOUR MOM!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
This contest IS turning out to be some sort of "People know me better than you." contest. And I've noticed people voting because of spoilers and wheels...isn't this a TINT contest?

I thought we were picking the best overall car. The balance of the mods & tastefull enhancements. I like the subtle de-badged, curvy, sleeper kinda thing, whereas others may prefer something more showy.

If this was for TINT, why are there 2 cars with NO TINT in the line-up??

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
This contest IS turning out to be some sort of "People know me better than you." contest. And I've noticed people voting because of spoilers and wheels...isn't this a TINT contest?

I thought we were picking the best overall car. The balance of the mods & tastefull enhancements. I like the subtle de-badged, curvy, sleeper kinda thing, whereas others may prefer something more showy.

If this was for TINT, why are there 2 cars with NO TINT in the line-up??

Best overall car? The guidelines clearly said tint. In bold.

On a side note, the only car I don't think is tinted dark enough is SVT24's car. Other than that, all the other contestants have windows darker than any car off the assembly line.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
OP Offline
H
All the cars appeared to be tinted to me, but I was thinking SVT24's was possibly only tinted on the rear window. Keep in mind that some people (not me) try to actually conform to their state's strict tinting laws. I'm at 30% up front and 18% in the rear, which is much lower than what's allowed in WI. In fact, I've seen cars tinted to meet the requirements (50% up front and 35% in the rear) and in certain light it can be hard to tell.

I'm starting to wonder if Adam had to put up with so much negativity?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by hetfield:

I'm starting to wonder if Adam had to put up with so much negativity?

I'm wondering the same thing. In all honesty, I prefer your contests to his, because the only cars making the cut for him were CSVTs with thousands of dollars thrown into them. A prerequisite seemed to be the CSVT body kit, rims, and a Mirko and you were a shoe-in. Anything else was turned away. In this way, at least all cars get to participate.

All you other guys should remember though. COTM is a privlege for CEG members. There's no rules written anywhere that Hetfield has to take time out of his day to compile these contests. If you don't like the ideas, come up with your own or kiss the contests good bye all together. Simple. Learn to deal.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

I voted for SVT24 because I thought it was the prettiest. Screw tint, I have the best tint job ever so none of these cars come close. That's one thing that hasn't fallen apart yet, bwahahaha...

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

By golly, you're right! I totally missed the guidelines for submissions post. I would have voted differently, I think.

Perhaps the guidelines for submissions/voting could be repeated at the top of the voting post as a reminder for ding-dongs like me.

Thanks for setting me straight SAV-ZX2, I'll pay closer attention in the future.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
OP Offline
H
Perhaps the guidelines for submissions/voting could be repeated at the top of the voting post as a reminder for ding-dongs like me.

Suggestion noted.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

By golly, you're right! I totally missed the guidelines for submissions post. I would have voted differently, I think.

Thanks for setting me straight SAV-ZX2, I'll pay closer attention in the future.

No prob. Glad I could help out. On a side note, I apologise if my rant after my message seemed directed to you. It was intended for everyone in general.

H
OP Offline
H
Bump.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard