Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
the "kink" is not what ristrics flow on the stock Y its the crush bend. So i would bet that the Y on headers, would perform like a optimized stock Y minus the heat shield.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
SHO Sho did a dyno test with their Y Pipe on the MSDS and supposedly there was a significant difference.

The general consensus around here is (If I recall correctly)
1 MSDS WITH optomized Y best gains
2 MSDS With MSDS Y pipe SECOND BEST
3 MSDS with BAT/Sho Shop Y 3rd best

But True Duals would give you the best gains overall

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

If done right...

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Quote:

If done right...

yea i was thinking about putting 3" duals on my na 2.5
Im going for optimum tq bellow 3500. sound about right?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
If you are looking for more torque look into the Hyper Volt from Sun Automobile it stabilizes the volts in your vehicle and looks right up to your battery. They have one aimed at more hp and one for more torque, and one for a little of both!!! It runs about $165.

98 Tour SVT #1819 custom turbo..again 95 Tour SE CTA intake,DND seats, removed cat/resonator,2.5" exhaust,98 SVT UIM and TB,9" K&N,custom turbo kit,greddy turbo timer,sunpro boost,oil psi,air/fuel gauges
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

If you are looking for more torque look into the Hyper Volt from Sun Automobile it stabilizes the volts in your vehicle and looks right up to your battery. They have one aimed at more hp and one for more torque, and one for a little of both!!! It runs about $165.

Why not just buy a muffler bearing? I heard those add like at least 28 whp! Also, get a "module" from Ebay, that gives you 20hp, those things are the shiznit son!

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
LOL, Johnny!

95TourSleeper - the electrical system in the Contour is "stable" and very able. These "kits" you speak of rarely do anything more than add colorful wires to the engine bay.

Something nobody'd mentioned so far is timing. Timing builds tq!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Is that a reading during tuning on your car Derk2000? Was that at Streetflight? I'm really reconsidering a tune, especially if Demon or Keyser responds in my other post about CA PCMs....

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yup, that's my car from 6/03. Tuning done on Streetflight's dyno w/ Keyser and Keith working their majik. (You are aware that Keyser and Keith are now with Arizona Dyno Chip, aren't you? )

I wound up w/ +7tq and +12hp at the wheels. The tq hump before the secondaries open up is ~equal to the hump after they're open. So ~158tq before and after the secondaies is pretty good if you ask me.

I'm itchin' for another visit myself, just gotta get my new UIM and a fuel pump.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

(You are aware that Keyser and Keith are now with Arizona Dyno Chip, aren't you?

Yup, but if I said ADC, you would have said you got it tuned while it was Streetflight....kind of a double edged sword huh? Don't you have the MSDS headers though? What else is done? I'm wondering how much they can actually extract out of my K&N 3530, optimized TB, optimized Y, and Magnaflow components....I don't want to waste my $$ if it's nothing much. Ya know?

PS, sorry about the hijack SLEYPR.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard