well I didn't read the last few posts a while back...but I'm not sure how u would turn a bolt clockwise without loosening it. Anyway my uncle who is a mechanic gave me a shortcut to take. Just marked the exact spots on the cam pulleys and timing belt so that they can be aligned when everything is put back together. So the timing belt didn't even come off, just slipped the cams from underneath the belt and I was ready to get rollin again finally. This is taking extremely long due to me waiting for my uncle to help and all this crap but anyway...I got the head off today. Which means I'm just about there, just gotta clean, seal and torque to spec.

Few pictures for you high speeders...

My head when it was first removed...no wonder the car wouldn't stay on unless I gave it gas.

the weird part is that I was expecting my head gasket to be all burned and in little pieces but the entire thing is intact...I found that kinda weird but I guess I'm lucky. Now I'm wondering how a perfectly intact head gasket let all that coolant in there?

head disassembled

puddles gone after a little cleaning from me, although I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the coolant in the little cracks

bottom of head

there you go...I'm praying to have this finished up in the next couple of days...we'll see what happens.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?