You did not say what ford was asking for for the install.

Well, I would not do the install my self because I feel ther are other suspension componenet that need to be inspected by a trained eye that knows what to look for to determine what else might need replacing while the parts are out. I have a torn boot on the passenger side axel. So I was planning to replace that one as well during the springs and strut install. Parts alone will cost 1300 bucks so far. CUrrently when turning and hitting a bump at the same time I get a metal rubbing on metal sound which I think might possibly be a bushing on a metal component failing. So I would need a suspension tech guy able to spot the causes of these noises to talk a look at it while the car is both assembled and disassembled.

Actually I was looking this weekend to take the car to a tires and suspension place, FIRESTONE maybe, to determine through checking what else needs replacing.

SO I have asked this question before and I will ask it again. While replacing the struts and springs what else should be check for possible replacement while the springs and struts are off?