Quote:

this has got to be the most idiotic post i've read yet...obviously you know absolutely nothing about mustangs...your post is so ridiculous i won't even waste my time responding to most of it....

and for your information the 96-98 2v 4.6's were some of the most pathetic mustangs to be built...it took a 4v 4.6 to even hang with the old 302 cars...now the '99 up 2v 4.6's are pretty powerful....

and fwiw my 95 gt(with a 302)with nothing more than gears and exhaust has run a best of 14.2@ 98 mph...

You really think I know nothing about the old Fairmont chassis, eh? Heh, prove me wrong about the lousy suspension, and the lazy automatic shifting structure. You obviously haven't pushed your Mustang to its limits, and seen how horrible the under-steer can be. Don't get your panties tied up in a wad, calm down.

I apologize for not stating the 99+ Modulars instead of those breathless wonders from 96-98, but I still stand by my opinion that the modular is a good successor to the 302. The stock exhaust is also better on the modular. *shrug* That's just opinion though.

It's not like I hate the Mustang. It's a great pony car, but it's not the end all, be all car that some people say it is. I drove a 2000 GT Vert, and it was a very nice car. Sure the chassis flex was fairly bad, but it was a convertible, and I expected that. The great thing about the Mustang is that the seat feels high, and it makes it a much easier car to deal with day to day driving. Old Camaro I drove put me so dang low, that I could barely see over the huge dash, and the hump in the floorpan was weird.

Still, the Fox platform can't be band-aided forever. It's time for it to go, and I'll be glad to hail in the new Mustang with better ergonomics, and a much more powerful V-8. You dan't deny that the modular has come a long way from being stuck in a Lincoln 2-door.

2000 Contour SE