Originally posted by nospeed:
Is 106mph a good trap speed for a 340whp contour?

Still not enough of them out there to establish 'good' or 'bad' runs unless they are drastically off.

My 300 wHP setup that I dyno'd in AZ gave me about 104 MPH 1/4 trapp speeds here in TX pretty consistently.

When I raised it just a few psi from about 6 to about 8 or so I was able to pull 107-108 MPH trap speeds but never dyno'd that setup at 8 psi. From all my different dyno's I would estimate it made in the 320's at that boost level.

The new system with a dyno of about 8-8.5 psi gave about 330 wHP and netted over 109 mPH. Pretty significant improvement in trapp speed just for 30 HP over the first setup.

So his car is either heavier than mine with 340 wHP or he ain't pullin' 340 wHP.

Remember dyno's are corrected for atmospheric conditions so that shouldn't be an issue as far as power. Humidity was pretty high in texas and I don't think it plays as much of a role on a turbo car in reducing power as it doesn in a NA car.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black