Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by MeanGreen2:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Meangreen my first reply was nice,

I didn't ask the question...I gave an opinion, you gave an opinion...that should have been the end of it.

Quote:

YES IT SHOULD HAVE, BUT YOU WENT AND MADE A REPLY TO MY OPINION

No, liar, you first made a reply to MY opinion. I never addressed your advice to the original poster [fact].

Quote:

THAT ASKED IF I WAS TRYING TO START A FIGHT, ETC. JUST TRYING TO ARGUE WITH ME RATHER THAN HELP THE GUY, WELL YOU WERE ACTUALLY NEVER TRYING TO HELP THE GUY, JUST SEND HIM OFF TO A SHOP.

I've told the guy where the drain is so he can try to do it himself...I also suggested that he get someone to take over, seeing that he spent over 6 hours, never finding one drop of coolant.

Quote:

though yes it discredited your opinion. I did it as nicely as possible though.

Why? There was nothing wrong with my advice, in this case, and it sure wasn't inaccurate advice that needed to be discredited in any way.

Quote:

YES THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR ADVICE, LET'S TRY TO HELP PEOPLE HERE, NOT SEND THEM TO A SHOP.

You've got a big problem, Beethoven. Some people aren't meant to work on their cars, even tho' they want to, even tho' you need for them to. I give out lots of advice, but in this situation, there was nothing wrong with telling the guy to find someone.

You'll be happy to know about all the DIYs that I've seen that you think could be the next Kiri Te Kanawa, with the right how-to book...

...burned up cars because they couldn't get the valve cover back on, so they drove around with it off...brake pads on backwards, shoes installed with all trailing shoes on one side of the car, all leading shoes on the other side...lugs nuts on backwards...vice-grips that were welded to the hood of a truck with a totally destroyed electrical system [during a simple battery replacement]...lost 4 fingers during a simple belt replacement...ruined strut assemblies and ruined brake lines because a guy thought he could do his own struts...he even threw away his anchor bolts for his seatbelts

If they're not smart enough to know what they're doing, they're not smart enough to know what they did right or wrong on the job. If they're lucky, they don't break too much more than what they're trying to fix...just messing up their car...at worst, they hurt themselves or others.

Quote:

Not only is it OK to have an opinion, it's OK if the opinion doesn't agree with someone else's.

It sure doesn't appear that it's OK with you.

Quote:

IT'S OK, REMEMBER I JUST REPLIED WITH MY OPINION THEN YOU GOT ALL GRUMPY.

It's not ok with you, because when you gave advice to the guy, I said nothing to you, but when I gave advice to the guy, you got all grumpy with me.

Quote:

You have the right to disagree again with me and what not but you asked if I'm trying to start a fight, etc. I wasn't with the first post

Sure you were.

Quote:

NOT WITH THE FIRST POST, BUT WITH THE SECOND ONE, MAYBE.

With the first post...that led to the second. I didn't jump on you for giving him advice, you jumped on me for giving advice.

Quote:

but I don't really care now, because your opinion isn't needed in the zetec section.

Why is that, expert? Because your limited opinion is more needed than my ASE certified opinion/my 21 years of experience?

Your Zetec drain plug is so much different than my SVT's plug and it's location?

Your knowlege surpasses that of mine, expert?

Quote:

WELL, EXPERT? BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE, NOT SEND THEM TO SHOPS, EXPERT?

I give out lots of advice that DIYs can use for themselves, expert.

Quote:

THAT'S THE REASON WE DON'T NEED YOU IN THE ZETEC SECTION, BECAUSE OUR DRAIN PLUGS ARE ALL IN THE SAME SPOT, WE CAN DO A FIND JOB TELLING SOMEONE HOW TO FIND IT. WE DON'T SEND THEM OFF TO A SHOP, EXPERT?

Because your knowledge is about 1,000th as complete as mine, expert?

Quote:

AGAIN, MY KNOWLEDGE OF CARS MAY NOT SURPASS YOUR'S, BUT MY HELPFULNESS AND KNOWLEDGE OF OTHERS THINGS MOST LIKELY DOES, EXPERT?

You're the one that backed the cardboard and one-tooth off theory on timing belt replacements...correct?

How can your knowledge be so helpful, when it's so limited?

Quote:

We don't like people to discourage others from working on their cars. Sure he wasn't doing the right things, BUT that's why he posted on here, and we're here to point him in the right direction, which isn't a shop.

Maybe it should have been...remember, that's the guy that was yanking on his O2 sensor and draining his washer fluid, taking 6 hours to do it. I don't go around telling people to go to a shop, I give lots of DIYs advice that they can use for themselves, but this one concerned me.

Quote:

A LOT OF PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, YOU CAN'T LEARN WITHOUT MAKING MISTAKES,EXPERT?

At what costs amateur? A ruined engine, a person's health, a danger to others, a final cost that far exceeds a pro's original quote...a 20 hour drain and refill?

Quote:

Noone is born mechanically inclined, but it's more of a learned skill that anyone can do following a book, a how-to, or someone's directions.

That's a load of crap, honestly. Could your mother out-wrench your dad? Can you out-wrench me? Can I out-wrench Sean Hyland? I know that you do have to be mechanically inclined to be good at it. I've seen mechanics that have worked on cars for 10 - 15 years and be blown away by kids that have been doing it for only 2 years. I know because I was once one of those kids that was always having to finish and/or re-do the brake jobs, window regulator jobs, carburetor jobs, tune-ups, etc of those guys that weren't really inclined to be in the profession, because they weren't qualified, really, and they never were able to ever retain anything that they had just learned and done.

Give your brain a chance, friend...everybody has their own skill-level.

Using your theory, everybody can learn to be a Mozart, everybody can ride bulls, everybody can benchpress 500lbs, everybody can win the lead role in La Boheme or Turandot, everybody could make an award winning soufflé, etc...all they need to do is follow a book, a how-to, or take someone's direction.

Quote:

EVERYBODY CAN LEARN TO BE A GOOD COMPOSER, RIDE A BULL, BENCHPRESS A LOT (MAYBE NOT 500LBS, UNLESS THEY ARE BUILT BODY WISE FOR IT), ETC. IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING, YOU CAN DO IT. OR YOU CAN HAVE YOUR ATTITUDE AND JUST TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND NEVER LEARN HOW TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOURSELF.

I never tell all people to go to the shop, Bach...very rarely do I give out that sort of advice, Julia Roberts...Alexander The Great, all I did was suggest that the guy might want to consider letting someone take over, seeing that he was yanking on the O2 sensor, while trying to find a **drain plug** for the radiator...Julia Childs, my advice wasn't that out of line...Prince.

Quote:

Sorry, was I yelling?

I really don't mind you being in the zetec section, but you gotta be more supportive/helpful of people to be accepted around here. Or you can continue just sending people to the shop and acting like you know everything about everything, expert?

I give out support/advice to DIYs, based on experience...exerience that you don't have, but that never stops you from always trying to correct me, George Foreman.

I'm not going to let someone like you pretend that you can discredit my knowledge, and try to dispute everything that I say, just because you have a problem with my profession and what I do with my exhaust systems...and because you have the silly attitude that any mother can fix any car or die trying mentality.