Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jmat Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
I have seen the fix on CEG. But can some one give me a good explaination for why the car will rev at 3 to 4 thousand RPM's while sitting. I feel like a tard when I come to a stop light and my CSVT is screaming like I am pushing the gas down. Or when I try to coast and the car takes off by itself. Another question. Would this have any impact on damage to the clutch????? I have already replace it once. And it is hard to shift, like it was the last time It went out. It just seems if the car is revving like that and the clutch is engaged it will act like it is burning the clutch??? like someone who can't drive a standard. When I had it replaced last time the ford garage told me it was glazed over. I believe that the revving could cause that. Just need some of the CEG'ers expert analysis. Thanks

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
From speaking to ford tech's, (which don't know much about either, form the ones i tlaked to) ford designed it for emission reasons, they assume, at idle....My worse experinece was it went up to 3000rpms and they back down to 1500.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Check your IAC..

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
Check your IAC..

I negletic this....this is very tru, you Idle Air control Vlave, could be bad as well...that is why your idle does not drop below 4 grand....or it could be a combination of the 2.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
its ur rev limiter in ur computer...i had the same problem, and bought a jet chip for my computer and now theres no limit and my governor was takin off too

F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
With the engine off is the throttle cable releasing on it's own?
You dont' have what year but friend had similar problem, but it wasn't a SVT. It was the cable from the pedal to the Traction Control unit that frayed.
Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
J
jmat Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
How much is a jet chip? and that takes the rev, rev limiter and governor away?? What about the clutch situation? Do you think the revving is a viable complaint for the clutch acting up???

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have never seen a clutch do that....as for the chip, i would wait till you ahve done all your bolt ons before you do one....or you will ahve to reprogram the chip again to your car, to optimize your car with all the new adition parts...chip should be last....

As for the rev limiter, on a V6 (i cannot speak for the Zetec) that is a ver dnagerous thing to play with...I ahve read about countless times how DemonSVT has stressed that #1 the stock cams, start to lose power after redline...so theres no effectiveness, # 2 in the V6, our motors were not desigend to be pushed over the redline, i ahve heard of people damaging there motors because they set an 8 grand redline...

its fun and all, but i would not reconmend it.

But as for the chip, wait till your bolt ons are all done, then go and chip it.

Lupe

M
M
I have found the high idle problem to be worse during warm weather, but I think all you have to do is put a restriction in the supply line to the IAC valve. As a test, squeeze the hose with a pair of pliers, and you'll see the idle will drop and hold the proper level. There is a description of the fix on this website. I used a laboratory clamp on the outside of the hose. This type of clamp can be adjusted as required.

Marvin Stockman

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by ContourRacing20:
its ur rev limiter in ur computer...i had the same problem, and bought a jet chip for my computer and now theres no limit and my governor was takin off too

????

This doesn't make sense. If you don't really know, don't post.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard