Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Chode Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I've read that a number of people have severe tractions problems with the kit after install and that's to be expected. My question is if anyone has any Electronic boost controllers installed with their kits and how that affects there over all take off. Especially any controllers with gear varied boost level capabilities.

Also, another random question. Where does the turbo fit in the engine bay for the streetflight kit and are both ex manifolds plumbed to it or is it just one. Sounds like a stupid question but I can never figure out where it is in the engine bay pictures I've found.

Thx for readin'.

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q

Yes both exhaust manfolds are plumbed into one and they then go to the turbo and then the downpipe connects to the exhaust. The actual turbo itself is mounted pretty much were the battery is from the factory.

As far as the boost controller that is a must have IMO.

-Jeff-

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
C
Chode Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Anyone know what pressure range the tial waste gate has??

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
im running the apexi avc-r boost controller but since i havent got it running correct right now, its hard to tell you what its like. Although, whats nice about the avc-r is that you can set boost by 500 rpm increments or by the gear your in.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
C
Chode Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
im running the apexi avc-r boost controller but since i havent got it running correct right now, its hard to tell you what its like. Although, whats nice about the avc-r is that you can set boost by 500 rpm increments or by the gear your in.

Cool, I was hopin someone was running that controller. I had that on an Eclipse but I never got to get it set up all the way either. I know you're pain setting that up. Keep us updated on any adjustments you make the controller and how they affect your take off.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
BTW the kit is made by ADC now.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
#1012616 07/26/04 04:09 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip
Arizona Dyno Chip

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard