Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
Kerry is the biggest fricken idiot out there. Poles in the US show it and he will not get the slot

He STILL outsmarts Bush. Why do you think there is an entire BOOK full of "Bushism". Besides, have you listened to his speeches? He speaks like a retard (no offence to other disabled people).

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by daenku32:
He STILL outsmarts Bush. Why do you think there is an entire BOOK full of "Bushism". Besides, have you listened to his speeches? He speaks like a retard (no offence to other disabled people).

Are you not over this yet? The left won't stop talking about how dumb Bush is but ignores the fact that they've been outsmarted by him since Day One.

On a side note, I think the Bushisms are hilarious.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That's if you are into propaganda.

This coming from someone who probably thinks Fahrenheit 911 is a wonderful piece of journalism and deserves the Best Picture Oscar.

EDIT: Oh and using someone's own words to prove a point against them is hardly propaganda.

Last edited by Davo; 09/11/04 12:51 AM.
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
Kerry is the biggest fricken idiot out there. Poles in the US show it and he will not get the slot

they're both Yale alumni...
in fact, they're both lifelong members of the Skull and Bones secret society. it is funny and ironic that two members would end up head to head since they are supposed to have committed to lifelong support for each other, regardless.

as far as bush sounding like a retard in speeches, he doesnt impress, that's for sure, but a lot of people have issues with public speaking or being put on the spot; it doesnt mean they're an idiot. albert einstein looked like a bum, not that bush is an einstein. im just saying that one minor aspect of a person's outward representation is not a tell-tale sign of who they are.

i dont know about these two but Clinton was a brilliant Harvard man and lawyer, even though i dont care much for the man.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You find it "hilarious" that the most powerful man in the civilized/free world projects himself verbally like he often knows not what he's thinking or doing?

It's unfortunate.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
You find it "hilarious" that the most powerful man in the civilized/free world projects himself verbally like he often knows not what he's thinking or doing?

I personally find it "hilarious" that people are actually supporting Kerry to take control of the most powerful position in the civilized/free world, when he contradicts himself on basically every big topic that we're dealing with today, and can't seem to make his mind up on ANYTHING--except whatever seems PC at the moment. Not to mention, while we're talking about stupid meaningless verbal-characteristics--Kerry talks monotone and could make anyone fall asleep almost immediately

There are plenty of situations any president will get in, where he won't have a chance to change his mind as soon as someone is critical of his decision--like someone is bound to be in any one of these situations..

And, most importantly (in my opinion) in these dangerous times, I still maintain that the most anti-war, anti-defense, far-left liberal is not the man you want in charge of our major defense capabilities

2000 SVT, #387 of 2150 Silver Frost
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
But i dont know how that whole post came out like a quote

obviously, only the top part is a quote

2000 SVT, #387 of 2150 Silver Frost
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JAGSVT:
But i dont know how that whole post came out like a quote

obviously, only the top part is a quote

you accidentally deleted the end-quote adding yours to his.

i saw a funny bumper sticker the other day, it said:

"Go Kerry! Lick Bush, Beat Dick."

not that i'm for kerry, just thought it was funny.

i find it a little depressing that these two men are the best our country have to offer and choose from. then again, its been that way for quite some time now. I would rather have Bush Sr then Jr. too bad colin powell doesn't want to be president.

as the saying goes, "you can't please all the people all the time." no man will ever do this. every president ever has had his share of detractors, and always will. that's what makes our nation so great!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by PDXSVT:

It's unfortunate.

This is the one thing I can't stand about Bush and I mean CAN'T STAND. The occasional "gaff" is acceptable from any public-speaker; Bush needs a full-time speech-coach shadowing his every damn word because unless it's been pre-scripted, he's going to come off sounding like a moron.

In no way has this changed his policies and his actions (which, IMHO, have been rather solid), but I've leared a long time ago that if you can't present yourself and your ideas well, it doesn't matter how smart, avant guarde and comprehensive your plans and directions are, you'll end up alienating a fair portion of your audience and casting doubt on your abilities.

There's little more one can do to poison one's own efforts...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JaTo:
I've leared a long time ago that if you can't present yourself and your ideas well, it doesn't matter how smart, avant guarde and comprehensive your plans and directions are, you'll end up alienating a fair portion of your audience and casting doubt on your abilities.

this is the #1 reason i have a hard time supporting bush.

throughout my career i've had the opportunity to work with several successful founder/owner/ceo types in different industries and bush wouldn't last 30 minutes in a business negotiation/conversation with those guys. imo you HAVE to have a diverse well developed skill set in order to be a successful leader, and bush just hasn't displayed that to me. no disrespect, but i get the feeling he's like the dumb jock who has his term papers written by the smartest people in the class.

i guess this just goes to show how strong of a cabinet he has around him, but they're always explaining what he really meant or clarifying his message. it's ridiculous how much he needs to be tended to and saved from his "gaffs".

in my experience (and my perception of gwb), when people like him get into positions of power it happens because of inheritance or nepotism.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard