CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Originally posted by MeanGreen2:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
whats wrong with your AirHog?

Actually, nothing

except that you had to jimmy rig it to fit. typical fram

Yes, for those that haven't spent the money, like I did, save your money...it might be a long time before Fram becomes aware of the issue.

Mine could have just been a fluke, but I doubt it.

#1011459 07/23/04 05:57 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
The KKM is actually not too bad. But when you get into 3L or highly modified 2.5L territory (not even F/I), a KKM has been known to both implode and doesnt meet the flow requirements for those engines.

Thanks, but I guess the poll questions are useless now...but thanks, everybody for the input.

I ordered the Green Filter and the Mirko adapter...red instead of black...what I thought was black, was actually blue. I discovered that when the salesman e-mailed me, saying that I had a choice of red or blue, no silver [out of stock]

Still should look pretty tuff...the red adapter, I mean.

#1011460 07/23/04 08:58 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
This would be better for performance... but hey, I'm biased

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
#1011461 07/23/04 09:38 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
MeanGreen2, if your going to get the Mirko adapter, you will need to create a heat shield too....or you will suffer heat soak, because the open air filiment is no longer shielded.

This heat soak could casue you to get mixed feelings about the product and might casue you to throw it away when thers nothing wrong with it.

Did you order your adapter form Mirko???

Lupe

Last edited by Roz 1999 SVT-C; 07/23/04 09:39 PM.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#1011462 07/23/04 10:06 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
MeanGreen2, if your going to get the Mirko adapter, you will need to create a heat shield too....or you will suffer heat soak, because the open air filiment is no longer shielded.

This heat soak could casue you to get mixed feelings about the product and might casue you to throw it away when thers nothing wrong with it.

Lupe

Ordered the adapter and the filter from Mirko's site...why?

I don't like paper, and I'm tired of the expensive drop-ins that can't compete with the gaskets of the $9.00 filters.

#1011463 07/23/04 10:18 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Lupe

I don't like paper, and I'm tired of the expensive drop-ins that can't compete with the gaskets of the $9.00 filters.

The reason i asked is because i still have a spare Mirko adapter that i was willing to sell, but i see you have already purcahed one....

And is the second part of your post directed twards me??? I never asked you anything haveing to do about paper filters, Merly suggested using a heat shiled to get the best possible effect with your intake system.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#1011464 07/23/04 10:24 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

Lupe

The reason i asked is because i still have a spare Mirko adapter that i was willing to sell, but i see you have already purcahed one....

And is the second part of your post directed twards me??? I never asked you anything haveing to do about paper filters, Merly suggested using a heat shiled to get the best possible effect with your intake system.

Lupe

Thanks for the advice and the offer on the spare...and take no offense, none was intended.

#1011465 07/23/04 11:14 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I agree with the need for a heat sheild. Here's my set-up, which isn't that different from the one you're looking at: K&N ru-3530 filter and no MAF adapter

The best product I've seen to deal with the heat issue is the true cold air intake system on www.customcougars.com. I think it's about $100-120 for the whole shebang.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
#1011466 07/24/04 02:50 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
MAF adapter? Easily done, and color choice to boot. K&N 3530? Trial and error gave it a consensus as what works well. The big problem is gonna be a heat shield, as I don't think anyone makes a good one right now that fits that 3530 or other open element filters in that relatively stock position.

Your challenge might be to create a heatshield that meets your high appearance standards. It is do-able, but you might make a couple along the way to finally getting one with which you're completely satified.

Some of us would be interested if you'd want to fashion and sell the ones that did not quite turn out to look 100% perfect. (That does include me.) If they fit and work, I'd still be overjoyed with ugly.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
#1011467 07/24/04 10:39 AM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
I agree with the need for a heat sheild. Here's my set-up, which isn't that different from the one you're looking at: K&N ru-3530 filter and no MAF adapter

The best product I've seen to deal with the heat issue is the true cold air intake system on www.customcougars.com. I think it's about $100-120 for the whole shebang.

Like it; looks nice and clean. You've got a good little red theme going on there; the red cables look cool.

I've kinda got a red theme too...red Accel Wires, red SVT badging on UIM and red MAF adapter...and Green Filter to go w/ the green car...and green P/S switch [giggle]

One thing...after I ordered the new filter, I started to wonder if it would be a problem with the filter just hanging from the stock rubber inlet hose, seeing that I'll be removing the old housing that was actually supported by the bottom mounting and at the fresh air inlet end

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard