J
JAGSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
three things:

1. idles higher (approx 500-1000 rpms higher than usual
2. i guess throttle hang type problem-- except sometimes the RPMs even go up higher-- up to about 1000 rpms higher! when i hit the clutch...sometimes just hang for 5-7 seconds before dropping
3. sometimes car barely wants to start--like seems like starter is starting but getting no gas...twice i've had to hit the gas to get the RPMs to stay up long enough for the car to not die

'05 GT mustangs are NOT coming out quick enough!

if someone could please help me out, that'd be great
if it helps, i just got a new battery the other day-- im thinking maybe the computer is shorted or something, fuel pump?? i dont know (obviously)

thanks in advance
JAGSVT

2000 SVT, #387 of 2150 Silver Frost
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sounds like your IAC might be going.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I agree that cleaning is worth a shot. Did mine & have had NO problems for months now.

A can of TB cleaner, spray it out really good. When you think you've done enough, do it all over again - then let it dry.

Once that is done, I used some spay silicone lube - and let it dry in the Florida sun for a while. Drying is an important step here as some have reported that silicone can ruin O2 sensors. I didn't know that at the time, I just got lucky.

Re-assemble & go.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by JAGSVT:
three things:

1. idles higher (approx 500-1000 rpms higher than usual
2. i guess throttle hang type problem-- except sometimes the RPMs even go up higher-- up to about 1000 rpms higher! when i hit the clutch...sometimes just hang for 5-7 seconds before dropping
3. sometimes car barely wants to start--like seems like starter is starting but getting no gas...twice i've had to hit the gas to get the RPMs to stay up long enough for the car to not die

'05 GT mustangs are NOT coming out quick enough!

if someone could please help me out, that'd be great
if it helps, i just got a new battery the other day-- im thinking maybe the computer is shorted or something, fuel pump?? i dont know (obviously)

thanks in advance
JAGSVT

I cleaned my IAC, quite some time ago, but I recently started having creeping-up idle problems again, with engine at normal operating temp...RPMs around 1,300 - 1,800

Changed my IAC at the same time that I cleaned my UIM/LIM...back to normal now.

Might want to clean your Throttle Body/Thottle Plate, if you haven't already done that. Your IAC is probably your main problem.

I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
if the idle climbs to about 1500 or 2000 rpm then drops to 650 and starts climbing again repeatedly, you've got an air leak somewhere. As you drive it seems ok, then as you let the car idle the rpms go crazy. mine was at the IAC gasket. one of the two mounting bolts snapped and the IAC was no longer held tight against the intake manifold. starting & stalling unless you apply gas is classic symptom of bad/dirty/sticking IAC. since you've already cleaned it once, replace it and the gasket, make sure the mounting bolts are torqued properly. I'd replace the bolts with new ones.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Though I have never had this problem with my Mystique, I have seen many of these symptoms on two other Fords that I have owned. In each case it was the throttle position sensor (TPS). I am not 100% sure that this is your problem, but it might be worth investigating.

1998 Mystique LS 2.5l Duratec Willow Frost

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard