Next Thread
Print Thread
#1007863 07/19/04 03:57 PM
U
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
U
I want to put ES bushings on the rear contorl arms.

The question I have is which arm do they go on? the
tubular one that is mounted under the rear doors,
the arm that has the sway bar attached to it or the
rear flat arm.

Also how do you
get the stock bushing out?

Thanks in advance.

2000 SVT Contour #2099 H&R Springs Koni Struts KKM Intake BAT Intake Tube Team Dynamics DTM's Mirko splitter carbon fiber parts
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
If you purchased the ES "kit" you have 4 bushings for the longitudinal "trailing arms" which run lengthwise from front to rr. YOu must burn out the old bushings which is very messy and smelly. The second set of bushings are meant to be installed in the knuckle. Very difficult to do with the knuckle on the car.

I tried them out and didn't like the additional harshness so I went back to the stockers. You'll get better handling with an acceptable ride by modifying the 4 lateral control arms.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
U
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
U
Would I use the same ES kit for tha Lat arm as I used for the Long arm? And Do I burn them out as well?

Thanks

2000 SVT Contour #2099 H&R Springs Koni Struts KKM Intake BAT Intake Tube Team Dynamics DTM's Mirko splitter carbon fiber parts

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard