Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Anyone know how to get to the rear license plate lights , one of mine is out and it bugs the crap outa me , thanks!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
It's incredibly easy, man. Just open the trunk lid and look straight up. You'll need coordinated fingers to get it out and back in. You'll also need a good parts store. I had to go to 3-4 before I found that bulb.

P
P
I went to Pep Boys and they charged me $12 for parts and labor to fix the license plate lights. The wiring on my turn signals was screwed up, too, and they fixed it for free. Might as well spare yourself the aggravation of looking for bulbs.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Guys, seriously, fix it yourselves. It will take 30 seconds at most. The bulb only cost a couple dollars.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Needle nose pliers help here...But be gentle.

I got mine from a local midwest grocery store like walmart (Meijer's for those of you in the midwest). It costed me $3.99 and came with two lights, made by Sylvania.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
It's incredibly easy, man. Just open the trunk lid and look straight up. You'll need coordinated fingers to get it out and back in. You'll also need a good parts store. I had to go to 3-4 before I found that bulb.

I don't get what to take out, is it the whole panel thing where I can access my reverse lights?

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Are you trying to change your license plate light bulbs or your back-up lights?

To get to your license plate light bulbs, open your trunk and look up into the back of the trunklid. The bulbs should be easy to spot and access. The back-up lights are gray bulb sockets, and you can easily access them with the trunk open also.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I wanted to change my license plate bulbs, I'll try to find it..thanks!

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
You need to pry out the light socket from the outside. Of course is easier if you have the trunk open.

Pablo Quintana 98 SE Sport Contour Honduras, Central America

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard