Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Greetings! My first post but I've been lurking for a year or so. Anyway, the question is where does this ground wire connect? The other end of the wire connects to the firewall. I had the timing belt changed a couple of weeks ago and not only did the mechanic not install the screws on the timing belt cover but it appears he forgot to connect this ground wire. Do you think this could cause the car to intermittently stall then restart after sitting for a couple of minutes? No codes and it runs great when it's running.

1999 Contour Zetec, Daily Driver Just for Fun, John's FFR Cobra Build Site
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
John.

Looks like it goes to the motor mount. Look for a small (~4mm) threaded hole on the casting. If he broke it off, tou can use a tec screw to drill & tap a new hole. (Tec scresw are self drilling, self tapping screws, see home deopt.)

Andrew

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
No, that's not the wire that goes to the motor mount. It's the wire that goes from the firewall to the bracket-with-a-hole-in-it (the hole is for attaching a chain hook for an engine hoist), located next to the back side of the valve cover.

By the way, dump your mechanic. He's a slob.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Thats the same wire that came off on my car. Looks like it was rubbing up against the belt, then ripped off some how! Don't see where it attaches either???

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
J
JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks guys. The wire fell right into place on the engine lift bracket. It wouldn't quite stretch to the motor mount.

1999 Contour Zetec, Daily Driver Just for Fun, John's FFR Cobra Build Site
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Yip, it definitely goes to the engine lift bracket. I figured that out awhile back after I got my car back from the dealershiip after they changed the timing belt.

That's when I was young and foolish...

'98 Mystique (Zetec - ATX) 430,000 km !!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by JohnB:
Thanks guys. The wire fell right into place on the engine lift bracket. It wouldn't quite stretch to the motor mount.

oops, didn't see that you had a zetec. On my V6, it goes to the motor mount.

A

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
that is a static wire for your radio. it can go any where it will fit.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard