Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1004907 07/15/04 09:10 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I know what code I have and I know what it means (driver's side airbag circuit high resistance or open), what does that mean and basically how do I get ride of the airbag light???

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Check your battery. This seems to be an early indication that your battery is on its way out. Have you been having any battery problems lately?

Get your battery tested at Autozone, and be ready to buy a new one. Keep in mind that most batteries only last about 5 years.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
K
OP Offline
K
I just had my battery replaced, I first noticed the problem when I got my transmission replaced, but I was away at college before I would have been able to take it back in. So i figured it is more along the lines of something wasn't reconnected or they busted something when they fixed my transmission, also my horn and cruise control do not work...

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Have you checked your fuses for your Cruise and Horn?

This sounds more like an electrical problem in your car. Possibly a grounding issue.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
K
OP Offline
K
I've checked the fuses a couple of times and they always seemed fine, I've even replaced them just in case.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Check the connections at the sensors. They sometimes corrode or come loose.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
K
OP Offline
K
Where are the sensors? Can I get to them easily?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
mine started flashing yesterday on the way tot work, and I believe it was that same code. I remember I think it was Pete who's airbag was loose, so I'd wiggle it and it went away. Hasn't come back on....

Ryan Trollin!
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Check the clockspring harness--connects the steering wheel wiring to the steering column. If you don't have horn or cruise control either that is the most likely culprit.

K
OP Offline
K
I've been trying to do anything like that but I'm still not getting it to quit the flashing light...

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard