Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Why won't they fit?
If the seller is being honest, they were ordered for a Contour racing team, not a Mondeo, so one would have to assume that if they were ordered for use in a Contour, that they should fit a Contour; but that's just my thought on the matter.

They look sharp too. Now if you could only get glass lenses that used the latest bulb technology, for the best of both worlds...

'98 CSVT 3L Hybrid "It all comes down to how fast you want your money to go." ______________________________________________ View Profile
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Wyrp:
Why won't they fit?
If the seller is being honest, they were ordered for a Contour racing team, not a Mondeo, so one would have to assume that if they were ordered for use in a Contour, that they should fit a Contour; but that's just my thought on the matter.

They look sharp too. Now if you could only get glass lenses that used the latest bulb technology, for the best of both worlds...

There is no such thing as that kind of headlight for a Contour. They are ONLY for Mondeo's. Plus, when was the last time you saw an H7 bulb in a domestic car???

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Why won't they fit?

Quote:

All the top Contour SVT ...rallye teams use these.

Name one.

Quote:

They appear to be the same size and shape as the plastic headlights on 1998, 1999 and 2000 Contours, with all the same curves and angles in all the same places,

Yup. They do look similar.

Quote:

but I do not own a Contour and I do not know whether any modifications are needed to fit these in place of the original headlights.

Well, you're right. He's being honest.

Quote:

I got these in for a professional Contour SVT rallye team that went bankrupt

Hey, I think, there went "All the top Contour SVT Rallye teams."

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
Plus, when was the last time you saw an H7 bulb in a domestic car???

my mom's 2001 lexus ES has H7's..they are def. brighter then my csvt

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Lexus = toyota = import

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
import = a hell of a lot better than out american made pieces of trash!

96 contour gl columbus ohio
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
Originally posted by bklynman01:

go away. ill take a contour (any year mak e and model) over a civic any day of the frickin year!!!

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RogerB:
I think they're hot. Too bad they won't fit.

BTW, I'm not sure, but I don't think the refractive lens is inferior the the clear lens design. The main feature of the clear lens headlights is that designers have more freedom with the final shape.

Go see this link: http://www.hella.co.nz/technical/headlamps/hella_headlamp_systems.htm
This page gives a rundown of the different headlight types. Pre-'98 Contours and those glass Mondeo lamps on the eBay auction are Parabolic type lense which according to Hella, are 27% efficient. POST-'98 Contours and most newer cars have Freeform headlamps where the reflector does all the bending of the light rays. They ARE more efficient. Hella claims 45% efficiency (in their perfect form). But the reality is that most DOT versions aren't that great (a headlight can only be as good as it's designer makes it). For this reason ECE lights are usually better, because their beam pattern has been more well thought out, and Europe is full of real driving enthusiasts and their engineers deliver what their customers want. Americans really don't place much emphasis on headlights and driving at night with good lights. Much of Europe has already made the switch to xenon lighting already, whereas Americans are decades behind (only a few percent of people have xenon here). For these reasons, I'd be willing to voucher that the ECE Mondeo parabolic headlights probably perform better, and produce more usable light than the supposedly more efficient F.F. headlamp that comes on the '98+ Contours here (partially due to the H7 bulb's 1500 lumens vs. the 9006's 1000 lumen bulb). I've seen several sets of ECE (ecode) headlights put onto cars here and the difference is always amazing how much more foreground light you get, and the beam is always wider than DOT (American) versions.

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
JMO but I think it would make the contour look like it had cadaracks much like the hazed lenses.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Stryker:
Originally posted by bklynman01:

go away. ill take a contour (any year mak e and model) over a civic any day of the frickin year!!!

Ill take a Contour over any Honduh/Crapura (Acura)...

Contour is easy on insurance, powerful, and noone suspects the Contour

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard