Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Master P
OP Offline
Master P
P
Driving out Sunday afternoon to Washington, PA for a job interview Monday morning. Never spent any time in the area, just driven through on the turnpike / 70. Not getting my hopes up, but I guess they wouldn't put me up in a hotel if I didn't make a good impression during the brief phone interview. Who knows.

Anything interesting to tell me about the area?

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have time to meet anyone during this trip.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
i live 10 mins from wash pa...

noting to really note though...if you have a job interview i assume you would be moving to the area???

would be nice to have a fellow pre 98 around...

where is the interview???

P
Master P
OP Offline
Master P
P
If they offer me a job I'll be moving

The interview is with a college in Washington...

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
washington and jefferson college...

my girlfriend is a high school teacher in wash county and her students look there for school...have a few friends who work there as well...

its a nice place...10 mins from my house...if that...

def hope it works out for you...

keep me posted!

P
Master P
OP Offline
Master P
P
Very small college! My high school had more students I think! Seems expensive too, I know I couldn't have afforded to go there. I guess that's the norm for private colleges though.

I have a second interview with a company closer to home on Tuesday, so who knows. Got my fingers crossed that something will hit!

Is Washington a fairly cheap place to live? Lots of things to do?

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
not alot to do in wash area...malls...stores...the usual things...its boring everywhere you go...from my experience...

pittsburgh is not far...45 min drive up 79...

weather is terrible in the winters...for lack of a better word...terrible will have to do...

i went to california university of pa...30 mins east of wash and jef...

its very cheap to live in the wash area from my experience, i am from NJ where cost of living is outrageous...wash area is much much cheaper...

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I live North in Butler---About an hour away...Work about 30 mins from there in Zelienople. Not much in Washington. It's not a bad place... My g/f is from down there in Waynesburg.

stock 1998 silver frost SVT E0 #1545 out of 6535 * K&N drop-in air filter * DMD * Koni's w/ stock springs * Autolite double platinum * Tranny cocktail * Mobil 1 Snyth Oil @ 60K miles
P
Master P
OP Offline
Master P
P
Originally posted by laz2447:
weather is terrible in the winters...for lack of a better word...terrible will have to do...

Just got back. I asked them about the winters because Washington seemed awfully hilly! Not too many hills in Indiana, so it was a real change of scenery. Everyone said the same thing about the snow -- not too bad. Maybe they didn't wanna scare me off

I stayed right off of I-70 exit 19 at the SpringHill Suites, kinda behind Wal-Mart. Nice place. Even had a fridge in my room! Didn't much get the chance to explore around Washington and the surrounding area, but the parts I saw seemed "quiant"

All the folks I talked to at the school were nice folks. I think I'd enjoy working there. Hopefully they want me to work there as well!

Link Copied to Clipboard