Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Anyone wanna start up another league with normal type settings? No offense but I don't really like the 3 bench spots, it makes it screwy for bye weeks. I was in last years league (think I won or got 2nd can't remember) and the problem wasn't so much people hoarding players as it was inactive coaches and people refusing to trade. I offered up tons of fair trades and no one traded. With 3 bench spots you will never get any trades and people will either have to drop a top notch player on a bye week or just suck it up and have an empty roster spot that week. With a live draft that might not be TOO bad because you could draft accordingly and spread your bye weeks but with the draft cards that's pretty much impossible to do.

If anyone wants one with different settings I can always make one...just wanna make sure there's enough people willing to join up first.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
With different settings I'd play!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
O
OSU Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
i'd be down for another league...i'm already in 3 including this one, so what the heck?

latest mod: SVT speakers
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
The smaller roster is better so that you end up with more good players. A large roster leave you with scrubs for the last few positions and they are a waste. Unless half your team is one nfl team you should be ok. You'd be dumb to do that anyway.

My problem with this one is the live draft.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
OK I just created a new league. CEG 2K4 League ID is 284680 pass is ceg.

12 team autopick draft.
required starters per week:
1 qb
2 rb
2 wr
1 wr/rb
1 te
1 K
1 def team
5 bench slots (dropped it down 1 from the default 6)

default yahoo scoring except I added points for return tds.

Please don't join if you're one of those types that never touches your team because it can ruin a league. Otherwise, join up and enjoy.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
The TE postion is waste seeing as you have 3-5 good ones, everyone else will have a scrub!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Geez some people are NEVER happy.

O.K. I changed the TE slot to TE/WR for more flexibility.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Andy W.:
The smaller roster is better so that you end up with more good players. A large roster leave you with scrubs for the last few positions and they are a waste.

EXACTLY

Unless half your team is one nfl team you should be ok. You'd be dumb to do that anyway.

EXACTLY

My problem with this one is the live draft.

Why is that a "problem"?

If you're not there for it, Yahoo uses your pre-draft rankings and drafts for you - ie, Autodraft.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Sneaku:
OK I just created a new league. CEG 2K4 League ID is 284680 pass is ceg.

12 team autopick draft.
required starters per week:
1 qb
2 rb
2 wr
1 wr/rb
1 te
1 K
1 def team
5 bench slots (dropped it down 1 from the default 6)

default yahoo scoring except I added points for return tds.

Please don't join if you're one of those types that never touches your team because it can ruin a league. Otherwise, join up and enjoy.

That roster is way too huge for a 12 team league. I'll bet you run into the same problems as last year - very little roster movement, hoarding, only scrubs on the free agent list.

Good luck though.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Played with a bunch of buddies back home with 12 teams and similar roster setup every year for the last 7 or 8 and never had any problems. But then, everyone actually PLAYS their team all year and no one goes inactive so that makes a huge difference. The problem last year in the ceg was exactly that...inactivity even at the beginning of the season, not so much the roster setups.

Oh and the live draft is great...I prefer it. But if you know that several people can't make it it sorta sucks because going off a draft card when most of the league is live drafting you will end up screwed: either a crappy all around team or stacked in one position because you can't change your draft on the fly like a live drafter can.

Just my $.02...good luck.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard