Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
I am almost done with Jeb Hoges wire harness recall. This is the second one that I have done. Ford says that it can be done with the engine and trans still in the car, yeah right, the first on took me a week to do without dropping the sub frame. This time I dropped the engine out of the car and found it was alot easier. The real kicker is that the lovely people at the ford warranty dept says it can be done in 8.8 hours. Good thing I have two bays or my family would go hungry this week. All of this on the heels of overhauling SVTDC's trans(which I must say shifts like a dream). I was just kidding about not wanting to do any more harness recalls, I am actually getting pretty good at it. I just hope there isnt too many more out there.

98 contour SVT 03 focus SVT
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah, it's the OTHER stuff that's the kick in the nuts, ain't it? I get there today and my windshield's cracked and my radiator has a pile of JB Weld on it from some prior service somewhere. I imagine that it would explain why it's seemed like I've had to top off coolant more often lately.

BTW, Chris, I brought back a little something for you from my old stomping grounds. I'll make sure to have it with me when I come get my car.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
Jeb, we were taking out your windshield wiper motor and it slipped out of my friends hands and on to your windshield, I apologize, we will have it replaced tomorrow. I also saved your radiator so maybe you can take it back to the place that did your trans. It might help "jog" their memory. Whats this something you have for me?
Chris

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I know, I know, I'm just teasing. Honestly, I don't really get pissed about accidents happening unless they don't get fixed right, like the ol' radiator problem. And it's just a little treat I got you for taking care of my Connie.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
Jeb-deepest apologies on not getting "connie" back to you. I have the engine back in the car, now Im just making sure all of the connectors are connected. I would of had it done, but the body shop is going to put your window in. I just want to make sure she wont give you problems later on. i appreciate your patience. I will keep you updated.
Chris

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Thanks! Hope the windshield problem isn't as iffy as Russell made it sound.

P.S. Also, feel free to hit my cell if you wanna grab a beer or something. I'll only grill you about the car stuff just a little bit. hehehe

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Latest update...

I talked to the service writer and he said the car's all put back together, but they're just now starting to look at the windshield problem. It's going to be Friday afternoon at the earliest before I get it back.

How's it running, Chris?

F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
JEB- its running great! She started right up for me, after about 2 minutes of cranking on the ignition. Whenever you have the intake off of a duratec engine it takes a while to start. After it started up it came right down to idle(thank god for no vacuum leaks) When you get the car back you will notice some connectors not connected. This is normal as ford only made the harnesses with every option possible. I cleaned them up for you, but if you want you can cut them off and tape back to the harness if you want to clean up your engine bay. As for the windshield, I hope its done tomorrow, but I dont see it happening. I went and checked on the progress today. It was slow at best. I apologize for the long wait . What kind of rental car did you get?
Chris

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I'm puttering around in a Focus. So you don't think it'll be done by end of Friday? Hrmmm... OK, well, I'm glad she's purring. I miss my car. Might be giving you a call tomorrow sometime.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Heheh, still no car. I'm going crazy wanting my V6 growl back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard