Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
I'm not a fan of this wing either, but it's time that people realise there's something new out there to do.

Something new to do as in the mandatory first two ricer mods that any high school kid does? People are going overboard making fun of him, but that doesn't change the fact that those two 'mods' look terrible.

I appreciate his wanting to improve the looks of his car, but this is the crap you see on every car out there, I don't think you can really call it something new. SVT kits and exhaust may be what everyone does, but that's because it works with the car and sounds good. Slapping the same monster wing and ridiculously unnecessary exhaust that's on every other 'import tuner' just looks bad. Unless the statement you're trying to make is that you know how to jump on the bandwagon as good as the next guy.

Hey Tubs, I just lost my jengajam. Your ghetto pass has been revoked. You're no longer an honorary brother.
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by sigma:

Yeah, those half-dozen people with SVT Bumpers/Exhaust on pre-98s are 'so tiring' to look at.

And, newsflash, aluminum wings on the 'Tour are far from 'new'; someone posts one every couple months are so and is subsequently bashed.

I've been here plenty long enough to know that aluminum wings are nothing new on Contours. That's no newsflash to me. I'm saying that if everybody continues with SVT mods to non-SVT cars, then yes it WILL get tiring to look at, pre-98 or otherwise. If every couple months, a newbie shows up with an aluminum wing, then it's at least that often that somebody else shows up with their new SVT bumpers and exhaust.

I'm sure you knew this already though.

Originally posted by DanLeCompte:

Something new to do as in the mandatory first two ricer mods that any high school kid does? People are going overboard making fun of him, but that doesn't change the fact that those two 'mods' look terrible.

I appreciate his wanting to improve the looks of his car, but this is the crap you see on every car out there, I don't think you can really call it something new. SVT kits and exhaust may be what everyone does, but that's because it works with the car and sounds good. Slapping the same monster wing and ridiculously unnecessary exhaust that's on every other 'import tuner' just looks bad. Unless the statement you're trying to make is that you know how to jump on the bandwagon as good as the next guy.

I understand that. I too like that he's going for better than stock, but when people tell him that he HAS to do this or he MUST do that, it's a little overboard like you said. I'm not standing up for his wing, I'm standing up for his right to do what he wants with his vehicle without being cast away as an outsider because he's not doing what WE want him to.

And I resent the high school kid remark. I just graduated and I don't have an aluminum wing or coffee can on my car.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

I understand that. I too like that he's going for better than stock, but when people tell him that he HAS to do this or he MUST do that, it's a little overboard like you said. I'm not standing up for his wing, I'm standing up for his right to do what he wants with his vehicle without being cast away as an outsider because he's not doing what WE want him to.

You have to take this in the spirit, in my eyes, telling him he's gotta do something is not the same as "has to" or "must". It's, like, "I gotta tell you, that wing just doesn't do it for the Tour". If you like it, fine, but most people, as evidenced here, really don't think it fits.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G

3 years and no melting bumpers,
its funny how you guys know everything about everyone elses cars!!!!

'98 Contour LX, custom cold air K&N intake,Eibach springs, functional euro antenna, APR DTM spolier, Carbon fibre M3 Mirrors, short shifter, Custom Magnaflow dual exhaust, Unorthodox underdrive pulley, 18 Enkei RS6 & 215/40ZR/18 Yoko Parada, pioneer head unit with two 12's.. http://lowcontour.streetracing.org
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Notice how yours looks cut while this ricer just bent the bumper to install the fart cannon.

Edit: One a Side note, why oh why was a beautiful car ruined by a similar spoiler? Shouldn't most Audi owners have some taste?

Last edited by deftoned989; 07/10/04 07:21 PM.

99 Silver CSVT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
no offense, but that spoiler looks terrible on your car.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i agree about the svt mods i think everyone is doing svt mods and after a while everyone who sees a contour will just think the only thing you can do to it is the svt mods and personally i only like a few of the tours on here with the svt kit and mirko lip .. thas why i didnt get a svt kit for my car i got a survivor kit and i really dont care wether ppl like it or not becuz if i had a choice id be rollin around in a 64 impala .. everyone has their own opinion and i know when i started work on my car i also wanted a spoiler liek that maybe cuz i didnt know as much as i know now.. everyone is always callinjg some1 a ricer jsut becuz they have something that the common civics have and have universal parts... maybe to some ppl thats true but not to evryone because soon enuff the svt mods that everyone is crazy about will be ricer.. svt ricer= pretending to be or svt wanna be.. thats the reason i never posted the pics of my underglow..i think itll be nice when its done but i know from most of u guys ill still get the "hes a ricer.." comments

Last edited by CAMLRDR; 07/10/04 09:14 PM.

NEW RIDE: 93 NON TURBO SUPRA Black/Blue pearl 97 V6 GL Duratech 5%tint around survivor kit 2 10" 450w pioneer subs and tv kenwood 3way 300w speakers air ride 18's intake my cardomain
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

You have to take this in the spirit, in my eyes, telling him he's gotta do something is not the same as "has to" or "must". It's, like, "I gotta tell you, that wing just doesn't do it for the Tour". If you like it, fine, but most people, as evidenced here, really don't think it fits.

Eh makes more sense. I was a little out of it last night, but I still hold to my opinion. Soon, so many people will have SVT things that the REAL SVTs will have nothing to brag about anymore. And since I'm looking at a real SVT in the very near future, I don't want that to happen.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by ContourKev:

I prefer:

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard