Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Has anyone tried the "Kodak picture CD" option at most photo labs? Is it worth it? Anyone have their Contour pics posted from the Kodak CD?

I have a junk digital camera. Paid $250 for it 5 years ago, they sell for less than $15 now on ebay. Polaroid PDC640, .035 megapixal. Dog wont even play with it.

I have a nice Canon EOS 'Rebal' 35mm camera. Multiple Canon auto focus zoom lenses, flash, fully automatic, digital display, ect. Probably close to 7 years old and about $600 - $750 invested in it. Takes really nice 35mm pics.

I also have a Mustek 1200 UB color flatbed scanner. Its about 4 years old and I have only scanned a few documents on it. To be honest I have no idea how to use it.

Given this info, what do you shutterbugs think? I want to photo my Contour for this site. How large are the images on the Kodak CD? Should I use my current scanner or get a better quality one if scanning 35mm prints is the best route? For $200, whats the best used digital camera out there on ebay? I have a printer that will print photos from a memory card (Epson Stylus Photo 925). I've looked on the web but all the camera/photo forums are for professionals, ect.

Any advice/recommondations you guys can provide will be appreciated. I aspire to be a photographer for Girls Gone Wild, so any help you can give will benefit mankind.

DuratecDave
modified 98 SE Sport
been around since American Univ email list days...

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I used to get pics devloped onto cd's a lot before I got my digital. They always come out good and take up far less space than a buttload of prints do after awhile. But, if you also like to have prints it gets expensive. In that case, I'd get a photo quality printer and paper and make your own prints or try to figure out your scanner and see how the pics look. I like the cds though. Just my $.02

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I've used the Kodak CD a few times. The pictures come out pretty good. They are sized something like 1280x768, so a pretty good size. I also have a really good (although old) 35mm camera, a Pentax K1000. From my understanding, to get a SLR digital capable of the same great pictures of a 35mm, you have to spend alot of money. But, I guess it depends on what your using it for. I thought about investing in one. Think of all the money you save on film and processing costs.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
The last couple rolls I've taken with my APS camera I've had put onto CD's at the WalMart 1 hour photo. They come out just as good as your prints do, it costs an extra $4 or so but worth it if you wanna post pics. I think it comes down to the quality of the camera mostly. If you wanna see some of mine, you can find my post in pics and vids titled St Ignace Car show and Jag I detailed. All those pics came off a photo CD

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I always get my APS film devoloped as prints and onto CD. It makes sending pics around much easier.

I just need to scan all of my old pics and get them burned onto CD.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Cool, guys! Thank you all for your replies, and look forward to posting (aka "whoring") my Contour on these fine pages soon.

duratec dave

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I used to have one of those Polaroid digitals... my first digicam.Got it for about $150 a couple years ago.It took small fuzzy pictures and ate batteries faster than I can eat pizza. I eventually splurged for an Olympus D-550 which I have been quite happy with... now if only I could afford an Olympus C series or better yet, E series... just 'cause I want one

Edit:
If you do get your scanner working, scan your photos at 300dpi (dots/inch)... then the scanned photo can be reduced to original size (approx 33% of the scanned image size) using Photoshop, Print Shop Pro, or other photo editing software. This way the scans will come out clear and the final image will look (much) better than if it were scanned at 75-100dpi or 150dpi.

Last edited by PranQster; 07/06/04 11:47 PM.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
All you need to know about scanning .... www.scantips.com

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.

Link Copied to Clipboard