Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Can anyone offer me some insight? I took my car to ford and to a gargage...None of them can narrow down my quest for my annoying ticking noise under my hood? I finally narrowed down the ticking noise MYSELF.... The garage thought it was the water pump seeing how that is where the noise is generating from.... I told them its NOT the water pump...I said if you take the belt off the pump it should not tick anymore if its the pump.. But they never listened to me? Go figure...

I found the sound myself by taking a piece of hose and moving it around the area.. I found the tick under the housing that the overhead cams are in.. Its(if you are standing in front of the motor) to the right by the water pump. Its ticking the loudest right at the lower end of the black overhead cam housing... And again only on the right?

Could this be a valve or cam going? Could it be an oil issue? Is there anything I could try to add like an oil additive that could maybee help it? I know that sounds pathetic but after about $1000 in bills from people spending time on this anyoning search for this tick.. I need some info on what to do and if its serious, how much am I looking at? Full top end rebuild? I looked into a new motor, well rebuilt. and its about 2500 and thats NOT including labor?

Please anyone ever got rid of this type of pesky tick, let me know what you had to do or did?

Thanks for your insight and HELP!!!!

Spankey

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
It would be helpful if you could add more info on your vehicle. What year is it? What engine do you have? How long have you been hearing the noise?

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard