Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
im changing my motor mounts on monday. i didnt see any how tos in the archives. the ones im changing are the two on the bottom that conect to the sub frame. any pointers or things that can help would be appreciated. i have a 2 foot breaker bar a hydralic jack and piece of wood for the motor 2 stands for the frame is any thing else needed. oh its a 2.5 mtx

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I just changed my front mount last week, and I am gonna change my rear mount tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Overall the front mount is rather easy. Just get some ramps and drive the front wheels up on them.

Next loosen (just a little bit) the 2 bolts that hold the mount to the cross member and the both that goes through the mount.

Next put a jack with a big block off wood under the front of the engine or transmission, somwhere closeish to the front mount, and jack up just enough so you can see the engine move up maybe an inch.

Somehow I wiggled the front mount out by jacking up the engine some more, but it would be easier to remove the whole bracket that is attached to the transmission. Then, just put in your poly inserts into your new mount, and reassemble the works.

If you don't already have poly inserts, spend the 18 bucks and get a set if you drive enthusiastically, they make a difference.

-------------------------------------------- Matt
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
ok i did the mounts not that bad really but i found the upper driverside also abroken. i went to a ford dealler and they only showed the whole assembly. so i put a bolt in it and went on. also is there only one spacer thing looks like there is enougn room for two. i jacked the motor up and tightened it but still a gap. so should a another ruber spacer be present or should i tighten all the way down. cause i was lucky the rubber thing was still laying there and maybe im missing something.

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters

Link Copied to Clipboard