Next Thread
Print Thread
#990243 06/26/04 04:44 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
With Reg. Unleaded gas being now $1.92.... Its still alittle pricy, when Im told there is a gas station that sells the Ethanol based fuels for cars that run off the Alcohol, for $.39/gal

I am now wondering, how good are the FFV Taurus, I drove one for drivers ed, but that was drivers ed, (sure nice drive and all) But maintence wise, I would rather pay for cheaper fuel, than $1.92/gal

Anyone know the price ranges these FFV's Run for? cheapest i can get... preferrably the Taurus

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
#990244 06/27/04 01:01 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My mother drives a 2001 Taurus FFV. She bought it used and it did not cost any more than a standard used one. FFV is a free option from ford on select new cars. The only problem is that almost no one sells ethanol E85, only two stations in all of Virginia. The reliability of FFV's is better than standard gas vehicles if ethanol is used, ethanol burns clean and does not leave behind any carbon build up in the engine. Ethanol also burns better than gas, so there is an estimated 10% improvement in engine power. The ethanol used by FFV's is an 85% ethanol 15% gas mixture.

Mystique LS

Link Copied to Clipboard