Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
If that's what they were paying before the refineries and exports got shut down, then I can see why they are doing it.

Al-bob-kha-charlie needs gas for his truck of bread.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
something you guys are forgetting, the crude comes from their country so yea their gonna pay $.05 a gallon for it, but what you don't know and what the news doesn't report is how the average hodgie (iraqi guy) will stay in a fuel line for at a minimum of 20 hours for a max of 5 gallons of gas and they do this 2 to 3 times a week. or they can buy the fuel on the black market and pay approx. a months salary for the same amount of fuel. Plus the fuel is close to 60 octane where you're getting 93.

$10.00 U.S will feed an Iraqi family of 6 for 30 days, most of you will spend that much or more for one meal on an average week day... was going into Iraq a mistake, yes and no, yes because of how we went about doing it and no because the people generaly need help. Here are some pics of a typical Iraqi neighborhood, and a little reminder that while we sit here reading this our soldiers are dying over there every day. This Hummer was hit with a road side bomb. All three soldiers died. Think about that.

d

baghdad: Hell on earth

...if you can read this, thank a teacher... ...if you can read this in english, thank a soldier...
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by desertrat:
something you guys are forgetting, the crude comes from their country so yea their gonna pay $.05 a gallon for it, but what you don't know and what the news doesn't report is how the average hodgie (iraqi guy) will stay in a fuel line for at a minimum of 20 hours for a max of 5 gallons of gas and they do this 2 to 3 times a week. or they can buy the fuel on the black market and pay approx. a months salary for the same amount of fuel. Plus the fuel is close to 60 octane where you're getting 93.

$10.00 U.S will feed an Iraqi family of 6 for 30 days, most of you will spend that much or more for one meal on an average week day... was going into Iraq a mistake, yes and no, yes because of how we went about doing it and no because the people generaly need help. Here are some pics of a typical Iraqi neighborhood, and a little reminder that while we sit here reading this our soldiers are dying over there every day. This Hummer was hit with a road side bomb. All three soldiers died. Think about that.

d

baghdad: Hell on earth

Good points. And stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the hummer where the three soldiers from Oregon were killed - two of them from my hometown. Then a week later, another guy from my town died over there. My dad does death notifications for the military, and he'll spend hours tracking down some kid's wife or parents to tell them that they died in combat. Life's a b*tch, eh?

[begin rant]

What really pisses me off is the media involvement over there. Recently after the three soldiers from Oregon died in that Humvee attack, a reporter from the Oregonian (Oregon's half-assed newspaper) called several of the family members in their unit to ask them if "they have heard anything on their son or daughter in Iraq", literally scaring the sh*t out of these soldiers families. All of this before the military could notify the families. All the media execs love this war. They love it when they hear soldiers die or some Iraqi blew up 40 people with a car bomb. Why? Because it draws more viewers, bringing them more money. If I thought for a second that all the media coverage over there was to bring fair and balanced news to the people of the world and not make some dickhole CEO more money, then I'd have no problem with the media.

[/end rant]

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by dredwingz03:
Is that really the average income in the US?

No, average income is closer to $25,000 in The USA.

1998 Sport Contour, A4 2000 WS6 Trans Am, M6
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Some clarification:

GDP - per capita (United States):
purchasing power parity - $37,800 (2003 est.)

GDP - per capita This entry shows GDP on a purchasing power parity basis divided by population as of 1 July for the same year.

Reference:

CIA World Fact Book

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
J
JB1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
a few things:

1)desertrat- now there are some facts i didn't know. thank you

2)i realize that whenever one rebuilds a country one spends alot of money subsudizing the necesities of life. whats pushing my buttons on this is the idea that we are paying $1.50 a gallon to make sure they have fuel while some troglodytes, though admittedly only a small percentage of the people, decide they we are nothing but bad and must be stopped at all cost.

3)#2 is further compounded by the headlines and news constantly flashed at us stating how we are at fault and we are ill willed invaders looking only to exploit the iraqi oil for our own benefit. clearly this is not true if the reports on the radio are correct. but good luck getting some parts of the media to admit that.

4)maybe i've just seen too many movies, but i have a hard time thinking that since isreal does not seem to have a problem taking out bad guys we should be able to take out these guys. then again maybe this is just inexperienced ignorance on my part.

5)jato- i always entertained by what you have to say. informative yet humorous.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Quote:

And stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the hummer where the three soldiers from Oregon were killed - two of them from my hometown.

unfortunaly if the soldiers that were from your hometown are MP's then not its not it. One of them was a female solider named Kelly Bosveld. This happened October last year when I was there.

yes media involvement has really messed things up. Several times my unit would plan a raid on a house (i.e. counterfeiters) and the raid would go bad because the media rep. assigned to my BN leake info. hence allowing the mission to go bad, luckly now troops were injured or killed, but there have been several cases were the involvement of the media has gotten troops killed.

d

...if you can read this, thank a teacher... ...if you can read this in english, thank a soldier...
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by acrdklr:

4)maybe i've just seen too many movies, but i have a hard time thinking that since isreal does not seem to have a problem taking out bad guys we should be able to take out these guys. then again maybe this is just inexperienced ignorance on my part.

If you're talking about the Palestinians, there's decades of religious and turf battles involved. Their whole situation is a ridiculous vicious cycle that won't end until the end of time. It's Muslim vs. Jew over the Temple Mount and the surrounding area, which will likely never be solved.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

3)#2 is further compounded by the headlines and news constantly flashed at us stating how we are at fault and we are ill willed invaders looking only to exploit the iraqi oil for our own benefit. clearly this is not true if the reports on the radio are correct. but good luck getting some parts of the media to admit that

I've never seen any major news/media outlet mention the whole "War for Oil" comment, aside from maybe an editorial comment about it. I've certainly never seen it given any credence by a major network.

And, on that subject, while I personally think the logic to get to that conclusion is rather faulty, I haven't heard anything opposing that view good enough to say that it's "clearly not true" either.

Quote:

Israel "doesn't have a problem taking out the bad guys"??

Israel been fighting the Palestiniane for decades -- centuries if you wanna get real technical about it. They haven't been able to "win" in all this time despite ignoring international outcry regarding their methods -- which should give you an idea of what we're involved in now.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by desertrat:
Quote:

And stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the hummer where the three soldiers from Oregon were killed - two of them from my hometown.

unfortunaly if the soldiers that were from your hometown are MP's then not its not it. One of them was a female solider named Kelly Bosveld. This happened October last year when I was there.

yes media involvement has really messed things up. Several times my unit would plan a raid on a house (i.e. counterfeiters) and the raid would go bad because the media rep. assigned to my BN leake info. hence allowing the mission to go bad, luckly now troops were injured or killed, but there have been several cases were the involvement of the media has gotten troops killed.

d

Yeah, the one I was thinking of happened on June 5. Three soldiers died when their vehicles were attacked. Story

On a sick sidenote, check out the results I got from this spyware pop-up window deal when I searched for "three Oregon soldiers killed in Iraq"

I've never hated pop-up windows more

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard