Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I was watching tv the other day and seen a car that when you walk up to it, well it appears to be able to detect you? Don't ask me how, but when you are in certain amount of feet the doors unlock and interior lights come on.. I swore that there was NO key? The car on the comcerial was black if I can recall and it was parked in a parking garage when the guy walks up to it? Infinity, Lexus maybee?

Can anyone who either knows what I am refering to please post the car. A guy at my work thinks I'm NUTZZZ and I need to prove him wrong?

Thanks so much..
Spankey

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
isnt there just a sensor in the key that you carry around? it detects the sensor and then opens the doors automatically?
someone discussed this a while ago on here, but i forgot, id be interested in how it works as well

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Nate-

Thanks, but I don't think thats it..My neighbor seen it as well, although he doesn't remember what car it was..

When you enter the car instead of a key, you push a button to start it.. Don't ask me how but I need to find out the name of that car...

Thanks again
Spankey

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
It's the Lexus LS430...it's just a sensor in the key the performs like a key fob.

Mercedes Benz also has a simlar feature. You carry a credit card size chip that allows you to start the car by pressing a button on top of the shifter.

Jim 2000 Black Contour SVT...SOLD 2003 Lexus IS300, Silver, 5 Speed
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
The Infiniti lines offer it as well. Check the websites. The automakers call it different things. I know it's offered on the FX45s though. Pretty cool feature.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I have the auto-unlock feature on my car alarm. Walk up to the car it unlocks, walk away after you turn the car off and it locks.

The Benz system also shuts off your car after a few mins if you get car jacked and the key card leaves the car.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ESC:
I have the auto-unlock feature on my car alarm. Walk up to the car it unlocks, walk away after you turn the car off and it locks.

My 95 Corvette did that... though you couldn't start it w/o the key like on the new Benz's, etc.

Diesel owns you
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I'm pretty sure the newest cadillac's have this, as does the new C6 corvette.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
eh, just give me good old keyless entry remotes anyday (if I had them).

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The Caddy XLR definitely has this, and it also has a "keyless" ignition. Saw this at a GM display last year.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard