Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
come to pep boys at 91/2 and gratoit.....Ill hook u up if you want

04 Blue WRX -Rota Subzero's 17in gold,Cobb Tunning Stage 2 93 octane, tein springs, 3in -turboback with magnaflow muffler + 1 resonator 2 1/4 up-pipe Former owner of Conniethecontour 99 CSVT...My first love
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I appreciate the offer, how much would the clutch kit you are offering cost? Cause I can get one for $175

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Alright, well I reset the computer and took it down the road, the problem still showed itself, but not as bad as it origonally was yesterday. What happens is the car hesitates 2 or 3 times then continues fine, in every gear, but its much easier to test in 3rd or 4th grear because they arent the acceleration gears.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Alright, well I reset the computer and took it down the road, the problem still showed itself, but not as bad as it origonally was yesterday. What happens is the car hesitates 2 or 3 times then continues fine, in every gear, but its much easier to test in 3rd or 4th grear because they arent the acceleration gears.

Have you checked the Plugs & Wires?

-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
as I have said numerious times before, my plugs and wires are brand new.

If anybody wants to talk to me directly, you can message me on Aol Instant Messanger S/n: AliasJerk
I will be at work from 4 till 8 tonight, so Ill probibly get home 8:00-8:15ish, just wait for my away message to come down.

Last edited by AliasJerk; 06/10/04 07:26 PM.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Listen to what we are all saying, before you drop a ton of cash take to somebody who actually knows what they are doing. It does not sound like a clutch! Go to murrays and ask a mechanic to drive it.....

98 3.0 svt: Sold
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Did you use soem dielectric(sp?) grease on the contacts? If you didn't and with the weather we have been having they have some corrosion.

Also have you changed the coil packs? Plugs & wires are meaningless if the coil packs are bad.

-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
as I have said numerious times before, my plugs and wires are brand new.

I will also point out that just because something is brand new does NOT mean it is functioning properly. I think I made it 5 miles on my brand new alternator. So it's worth checking all your new stuff again too. Because the way you describe it, it really does sound more like the ignition system.

We all know you have a camera from that infamous thread in the pics and video section ...if it can take vids you should go out and take a short vid and show us exactly what your car is doing.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
so today, I am driving home from work. On my way home I do a quick test... No bucking... Test it again... No bucking Test it again... bucks twice... It seems like depending on the weather it bucks harder. Yesteday when we had tested it, it was about an hour after it had rained... hard. And when the problem was terribly bad it was right after it had rained.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
So are you going to play with it all day or get it checked. Internet disgnosis is not valid.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard