Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
When turning and accelerating I notice a clunk comming from the car. It sounds like its comming from the front. I only notice the noise when accelerating from a stop. This doesn't happen every time only under sligltly fast acc. or when taking off and running over a bump. Is this a problem with the motor mount? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks

2000 Black SVT #1929 of 2150
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R

Jason C,

I would start by checking the front sway bar bushings and the linkages that hold that attach the sway bar to the front struts. Not sure if the SVT is setup the same way, but on my SE it was pretty easy to replace these. Very inexpensive too. From reading these posts, it seems to be a very common problem. Heck, I am a victim of it.

Might want to check the rear sway bar bushings too. Here is a link to the "Common Problem":

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=17

Other possible items to check are the ball joints, tie rods, and sruts. Start with the easy things first.

Run a search on the site, and you will find posts about this in detail. Good luck.

Radioactive.

99 SE V6 Silver Frost 201,592 Miles (Still Running Well)
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Thanks for the help. I don't think its comming from rear. But I will check it out as well.

2000 Black SVT #1929 of 2150

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard