Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Originally posted by TommySVT:
I have the Borla and I love the sound. but I'm not crazy about the fitment. The passenger tip is lower than the driver's side and my mechanic said it's the length of the hangers that are causing it. He tried his best to fix it, but it just doesn't look right.

Have you tried a different exhaust grommet? A "shorter" one would bring the tip up. I've seen old worn grommets get stretchy and loose. I've also seen various sized grommets sold at Pep BOys, Auto Zone, etc.

Local CEGer has a Boral, sounds great, fits perfect.

I'll look into it tomorrow.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TommySVT:

If I was to get another one, I'd probably look into that Truebendz with the Borla mufflers.

Where can i get the whole truebendz with the borla mufflers or any of that, cause it's a little fuzzy.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
trubendz.com

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Good point roger.

From somebody who has had both the trubendz and the borla, they are very different systems. The trubendz is quite loud and produces good gains up top, but sacrifices low end power just a bit. It is also cheap and shows this, the craftmanship is good but not wonderful, and the tips are ugly imo.

The borla gives more low end grunt and can be pricier, but the system is absolutely beautiful. It looks like it would last for far longer than the trubendz. The borla has a very deep sound and is muted in comparison to the trubendz. The borla also has better tips

Both are good systems, just very different.

if you like it so much, why are you selling it???

PERSONAL MECHANIC- BUCKEYESVT 02 3 Liter SVT heads/Cams 3 liter UIM/LIM 24lb injectors Diamond white pearl Koni's/Eibach's 19in Axis NE-O Pioneer AVH-p6500 dvd 15% Tint NO ENGINE CODES... AND NO I DIDN'T DISCONNECT THE LIGHT...LOL
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by MYCONTOURSVT05:
What about Bosal? Are they any good as well? I heard that the Bosal have a better growl than others. I dont like those high pitch growls like those ricers have. I prefer like a Ferrari or Porchse growl.

-dan

i really like my bosal now that i put in the optional resonators. it was way too loud before i put those in...

PERSONAL MECHANIC- BUCKEYESVT 02 3 Liter SVT heads/Cams 3 liter UIM/LIM 24lb injectors Diamond white pearl Koni's/Eibach's 19in Axis NE-O Pioneer AVH-p6500 dvd 15% Tint NO ENGINE CODES... AND NO I DIDN'T DISCONNECT THE LIGHT...LOL
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard