Print Thread
#973052 06/07/04 02:52 AM
L
low10s Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
i have H&R springs/bilstein struts. lately i have been hearing a clunk if you will on the right side rear. i have checked sway bar bushings(they are new energy suspentions by the way)it is tight. i have checked contro arms all tight. i have read a simular post a while back but could not find it. i was thinking the sway bar end links might be worn. it only does it at slow speeds, high speed it is fine. and it does not do it all the time. any ideas. i just put 1ook miles on it also.

HORSEPOWERIC= ALL THE POWER IN THE WORLD STILL AIN'T ENOUGH 98 silver svt, modified y,ngk(indexed),pulley's,shifter,redline. future plans,custom borla exhaust, bilstein/h&r, rota slipstream 16x7 13 lb"s
#973053 06/07/04 09:45 PM
D
D
I have the exact same issue going on, but mine is loud and all the time. My mechanic tells me that my rear sway bar bushings are shot and so are my end links. The problem is, this car had the Aussie sway bar already installed when I bought it. I don't know where to find out what size/type of bushings/end links will fit on this type of sway bar. Not sure if Aussie makes different sizes or not. Any idea?

Thanks
-ds5192

#973054 06/07/04 10:45 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
does this noise only happen over bumps? even little bumps? if so, you might want to check out your calipers. i had the same thing going on until i noticed bad noises one day and the bolt holding the caliper to the bracket had somehow broke off inside the bracket and my caliper was only held on by the bottom bolt.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
#973055 06/09/04 12:44 AM
L
low10s Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
it feel like it is in the right rear shock tower, and also end links. i haven had a chance to check them yet.

HORSEPOWERIC= ALL THE POWER IN THE WORLD STILL AIN'T ENOUGH 98 silver svt, modified y,ngk(indexed),pulley's,shifter,redline. future plans,custom borla exhaust, bilstein/h&r, rota slipstream 16x7 13 lb"s

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard