Next Thread
Print Thread
#970536 06/04/04 12:50 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
How difficult is it to replace the hose or tube that the PCV valve fits into? This is the one that goes to the oil separator.

I have a small vacuum leak I traced to the PCV valve. It looks like that hose is in bad condition and the PCV valve is loose because of it.

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
From the Ford Manual:

PCV Valve

2.0L Engine

Removal and Installation

1. Raise vehicle on hoist. Refer to «Section 00-02».

2. Remove three way catalytic converter (TWC) (5E212). Refer to «Section 09-00».

3. Remove oil separator retaining bolts and oil separator and gasket from cylinder block (6010).

4. Remove positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV valve) (6A666) from oil separator.

5. Inspect positive crankcase ventilation valve and oil separator grommet for deterioration. Replace as necessary.

6. To install, reverse Removal procedures. Tighten oil separator retaining bolts to 8-11 N-m (71-97 lb-in).

The picture did not paste here . If you want, give me an email address, and I will send it to you.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Thanks, but I have a 2.5L and I have the manual already. I was just wondering if anyone had replaced this thing before. I'm hoping that I can replace it without removing the intake manifold.

The manual doesn't have a picture for the 2.5L PCV assembly and what I did find in the engine disassembly section isn't real clear.

Last edited by brianl703; 06/04/04 01:24 AM.
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
You can replace this without removing the manifold but carefully. Find a sharp long knife that will reach down to the end of the rubber tube on separator and slowly cut through the rubber - once it is partially cut through it will slide off pretty easy. Spray some wd40 on the new one and slide it on. I just changed mine this past weekend - thought I was doing and upper/lower mainfold cleaning....

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Thanks for the info, I'll have to stop by the dealer and order the parts.

Long Term Fuel Trim is at 25% at idle, I'm amazed it's running as well as it is like that.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I replaced the PCV vacuum line today (the short 2" piece that connects the PCV to the intake manifold).

I didn't replace the PCV oil separator tube, that turned out not to be the problem.

The vacuum line I replaced was split. After I replaced it, long term fuel trims went down to around 6%--not perfect but a lot better than 25%.

I also discovered that I knocked the IMRC return spring off of it's catch, so it gave me an IMRC code. Re-installing that was fun.

I still have a slightly unsteady idle, but I think that's because I made the mistake of cleaning the IAC valve.

No big deal. Advance Auto has a replacement for $30.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard