Print Thread
#968459 06/01/04 12:54 PM
P
PT95LS Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I didn't post that much in my years here as an owner, I was more active in the "early days" of the mailing-list based CEG.

My Mystique is sold... I won't say to whom, I'll let them identify themselves here if they choose to. I had a great run with my car - 9.5 years and 78,000 miles - but it just needed too much help at the end, and I can't work on it myself. I miss it, but having a new Mazda 6 makes it easy to move on

I hope you guys will still let me visit here and chime in occasionally. I did learn a thing or two about or cars over the years...

There was another thread about "the future of our cars" - and I'm unfortunately of the opinion that it's kinda bleak. The car never really took off, there's not a huge aftermarket for it, and they're not without their share of problems. But in the right hands, they're a great car, and we're lucky to have/have had them. As I said years ago, they'll always be a niche car: as with the Edsel owners, diehard fans who will be seeking each other out in dwindling numbers at auto shows for years to come

happy motoring,
-Peter
95 Mystique: 11/14/94 - 5/29/04
My now obsolete car page: http://www.pjt.com/car.htm

04 Mazda 6s V6 MTX, in service 10/28/03 02 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 165HP 4cyl auto AWD former: 95 Mystique LS V6 MTX [11/14/94-5/19/04]
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
so close to 10 years .... oh well, congrats on the sale!

Peter - note that many CEG'ers are trolls. You don't have to own the car to be an enthusiast. Hope you stick around!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I know you've sold it, BUT I am really in the market for sunroof. I have literally all options except that. If you could PM me with some details of yours. Also do you (or anyone for that matter) know if a stock moonroof ass'y could be installed on my car now?

That is the nicest pre 98 mystique period. I saw that car on CTA's site. I always wondered who's it was.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I know you've sold it, BUT I am really in the market for sunroof. I have literally all options except that. If you could PM me with some details of yours. Also do you (or anyone for that matter) know if a stock moonroof ass'y could be installed on my car now?

Bwahaha .. I had the same questions a few months ago! Peter can fill the details.

FWIW, Peter: if you do remember where you had it done, please let me know.

P
PT95LS Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

That is the nicest pre 98 mystique period. I saw that car on CTA's site. I always wondered who's it was.

Heh - thanks. I always thought going subtle was the best route for these cars, and I was proud of the way it came out. I still see the car every day in my work parking lot (sold to co-worker) and it always catches my eye.

Mine is a Hollandia, DEFINITELY go with that brand. It didn't miss a beat in the 5 years I had it. It wasn't cheap - something like $1300 installed - but it was worth it. Go to www.hollandia.com (which resolves to Webasto now, another manufacturer) and then inside you can browse the new Hollandia models. These are OEM quality and better than a lot of factory roofs (ASC/Webasto). From there, you should be able to find a local official installer. I don't have my receipts any more (to see which model it was, or who did it) but it was somewhere in the Concord NH area. I could probably dig it up if you really want me to.

-Peter

04 Mazda 6s V6 MTX, in service 10/28/03 02 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 165HP 4cyl auto AWD former: 95 Mystique LS V6 MTX [11/14/94-5/19/04]
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Its going to be sad to see this group slowly break apart as Contour owners look for newer cars... I really want to see Ford bring the Mondeo to america... So CEG will live for a little longer.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
P
PT95LS Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Its going to be sad to see this group slowly break apart as Contour owners look for newer cars... I really want to see Ford bring the Mondeo to america... So CEG will live for a little longer.

This has been my contention all along: There was nothing terribly wrong with the 1st-gen Contour, Ford mishandled it in the Mondeo translation to North America and missed the market opportunity. In their typical tendency to try to be everything to all buyers, they completely compromised it and it appealed to very few as a result.

The current Mondeo would have a mainstream NA home in *some* version with any competent company, but instead all we get is the $40,000 baby jag... WTF?

Look at the Mazda6, everyone else is

-Peter

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard