Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
S
S
droool

looks like the car is slammed with coil overs and looks like it's cranked all the way down. If that's the case it'll bring the intercooler up a little. I only have 4-5 weeks until my car goes to Street Flight in Phoenix for TURBO!

G
G
I do believe Chris went for a ride in it. His exact words were "That ***** pulls harder than your SVT did on a 100 shot of the giggle juice"

Also:

Guess they don't have a mandrel bender??

1991 GVR4
Lots of mods done.
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Silversvt:
eek I wonder how toasty that fuse box gets! eek
i wonder how they'll clear the computer?!?!?

you'd have to let the box cool down overnight and pray that the plastic fuses didn't melt together!!!

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
well, again I must give props to these guys for doing this, but I must also re-iterate that everything is sized wrong.

Look at the dyno plot, it clearly indicates that the turbo is too large. Boost threshold is all the way up at ~4400 rpm, and I'm guessing there is quite a bit of surging, given the range the turbo is being forced to operate in. The tq output nearly triples from 4400 to 4600 rpm, that's only a 200 rpm change to increase tq by ~175 lb-ft. The a/f ratio is all over too, hardly the ideal setup

I will give big props for the nice looking peak numbers, but that curve just sucks, and it is all because the parts being used are the WRONG SIZE. The plumbing length prolly isn't helping either, but is hardly the major factor here. The IC is also too large for the flow being used, I would expect that IC to be good on a ~400hp or so setup, but not this one.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
T
T
Damn. Not a fan of the yellow, but that cold air intake setup looks good.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
L
L
nice

STD's are like Pokemon...
Gotta catch em' all!
G
G
Yeah I tend to agree with Rara,and he points out a good point
That HP curve sucks, peak HP is a good figure, but he has NOTHING under 4400... His Turbo LAG is killng him, it appears he went to the "ricer"(sorry if i offend anyone with this usage of the term) train of thought of "Hey! I want To put a T04E with a monster Compressor wheel and a HUGE turbine that was designe for something of over twice the displacemet of the engine I am putting it on.. "
Demon and I got into a nice "heated"(no turbo pun here!!! wink ) discussion over these factors awhile ago... Yes he may have a good sized compressor for his application(a T04B-S3 i think is one we came up with that was nice.. but it appears he didnt make this a hybrid T03/04 turbo.. or if he did he is using a .82 AR exhaust housing with a stage III upgrade.. (just a guess).. (begin Rant)It scares me that people will spend all the money doing something but wont take the time to plug in some figures to give them a rough ballpark estimate on flow numbers and talk to a few different sources... alot of people are like, well I took my car to this shope and told them I wanted a turbo.. Did you call the different turbo manufacturers, gus who mod them, etc...? sometimes it jsut REALLY makes me wonder... :rolleyes: (end RANT)
It would be pretty easy to put in the right sized turbo in now that he has the groundwork laid,and get a better boost curve, thus a better HP Curve, even if your Peak hP was about 10 lower, you would have it about 1000-1400 RPM sooner..(at least try to configure it to come on the same as your opening of the secondaries if you havent removed them for this application!)
Oh well... confused

Tony Blatnica
99 Contour SE-Sport 2.5ATX
SVT Exhaust - Removed resonator
TH-Fix
D
D
STD power ratings are not true ratings...

The graph should state SAE on the sides.

STD ratings are significantly higher than SAE or actual... (For ref - my STD HP was around 200!)

Can we see an SAE graph please!

The intercooler piping should be smaller and match the I/C ports. Larger piping will slow down the airflow and increase lag and pressure drop across the I/C. Atleast stepped down...

Why are there no boost, A/F, or EGT gauges?

What type of fuel management is being used? Just a BCFPR???

Like I said before... It looks like a nice work in progress. Hats off for all the work down so far...

Turbo still looks too big though... The graph even proves it more so...

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
F
OP Offline
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Gator SVT:
I do believe Chris went for a ride in it. His exact words were "That ***** pulls harder than your SVT did on a 100 shot of the giggle juice"
Yep. it sure did.

There is an A/F Guage and an Oil Pressure guage on the A-Pillar. An engine start button, shift light, and voltmeter built into the cluster. They told me they're running stock engine enternals and a stock MTX-75. I recommended the Bulldog and Quaife to them.

They also said they'd turbo my car for $4000. hehe.

I'm not a forced induction expert, and I didn't get to drive the car, but while we were riding around that little road, the turbo seemed to have NO problem spooling up on command. He'd drop it from a roll in 2nd and vaporize the poor tires all the way to the top of 3rd when he let off. Simply amazing.. However it did stall out on him a couple times when coasting frown

Now if they would lose the yellow and get that biznatch tuned a little better... eek

-Chris

Chris Hinds
AIM:CJ111010
1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
And I payed for it all myself
T
T
Guys we are having a Dyno Day bring your car over on Sat March 16 starting at 8:00 am till midnight we're going to have BBQ for every one that goes there jejejeje

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard