Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tj78492 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I just installed a jbl 1200.1 in my car and I dont think its recieving enough power to be fully used. I have 2 resonant engineering dvc SE 12's that are hooked up to a 1 ohm load for the amp. The gain is barely turned up and I noticed that the light on the amp dims real badly at medium volumes, if I turn it up any higher I think the amp loses power becuase the light on the top goes completely off and the red light flashes, when the bass hits.

It cause a popping sound, and stall in the music which led me to believe it was the subs at first but now I know its the amp. I used an 4 guage kit, and even tried to wire in an extra 4ga ground from the battery to the chassis. Nothing has helped so far. I know its not the amp ground becuase I've redone it numerous times at different locations to make sure.

Its a 97 gl contour, and the interior lights are dimming as well, can any offer some advice?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Do you have another amp hooked up? How well did yo ground the amp in the trunk? What did you ground to?

Tempe

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
did you sand off the paint for the ground?

T
Tj78492 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
at first I grounded to the rear deck but now its grounded to one of the bolts for the tail lights. I sanded it to bare metal in both locations.

I do have another smaller amp thats 80x2 I use for my door speakers, yo think that could be part of the problem. I ran seperate wires for each, one 4ga and one 8ga.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard