Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#964757 05/27/04 05:45 AM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Ever since I stumbled across this website about 6+ months ago, I've ended up spending most of my spare cash (which with me being a college student isn't all that much) on my car. And it's all because of you guys. I used to wonder why people would spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on their cars... and now 5 seconds after I install something new I'm looking around for whats next.

Anyway, I thought I might as well finally say hi because unless I accidentally drive the tour off a cliff or into some sort of car crushing machine or something, I'll probably be around here for a while.

Tan 98 Contour V6 ATX -BAT intake, SVT exhaust, SVT suspension, Stazi brakes, superchip, opt TB, opt Y "Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."
#964758 05/27/04 06:19 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
hey that is the same way i feel. welcome to the bored. 1 piece of advice, always use ur search function 1st. i cant stress this enough. look at my posts. im on here everyday reading up in the archives and stuff. search is ur best friend! if u dont use it..... dont say i didnt warn u.

#964759 05/27/04 07:13 AM
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Welcome!

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
#964760 05/27/04 10:43 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Welcome!
I keep a list of repairs in MS excel since day 1 and I must say you are quite correct.
Finding CEG helps greatly for normal repairs, but as those get fixed the money keeps rolling out!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
#964761 05/27/04 12:57 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Welcome to the world of posts. Too bad you waited so long. Spring Zing just ended and you could've met a bunch of CEGers up your way (I'm assuming you didn't attend).

That event would have given you lots of ideas for mods too!

Glad you're enjoying a great car, the V-6 no less. Make a list of the mods you've done so far & post it for us. Especially if you've done something new & different.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#964762 05/27/04 03:57 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by blktour:
search is ur best friend! if u dont use it..... dont say i didnt warn u.

Yeah, I've been lurking around long enough to see plenty of people get crucified for that. Before I posted this, I did a quick search to see if I'd ever introduced myself before, but I didn't find anything so I figured I was safe.

Originally posted by chongo:
Finding CEG helps greatly for normal repairs

Just last week I bought and installed the turbine speed sensor or whatever it is that fixes the 1-2 bang shift because of a post I saw here. Works good so far.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
That event would have given you lots of ideas for mods too!

Glad you're enjoying a great car, the V-6 no less. Make a list of the mods you've done so far & post it for us. Especially if you've done something new & different.

The last thing I need right now is MORE ideas for mods that I can't afford.

The v6 is a great car. I bought mine from carmax about a year ago. With my budget, I was more in the market for a 4 banger but then I came across the contour, way more comfortable than anything else I sat it. On top of that it must have been a granny car or something because it only had 16k on it. Although, I do have to admit that in winter 4 wheeling in my old jeep cherokee was probably more fun than powersliding in the tour.

I'll post my list of mods in my sig in a minute. Not much to see... yet. And with me being almost a complete newbie to cars, the only thing that might remotely be new or different is the red leds I hooked up to light up my needles. On top of the glow guages it looks pretty cool.

Tan 98 Contour V6 ATX -BAT intake, SVT exhaust, SVT suspension, Stazi brakes, superchip, opt TB, opt Y "Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."
#964763 05/27/04 04:52 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Max Power:
I'll post my list of mods in my sig in a minute.

Originally posted by Max Power signature:
"Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."

You contracted, abbreviated, and contradicted in one post...

#964764 05/27/04 08:00 PM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
You contracted, abbreviated, and contradicted in one post...

..... well, to quote another line from that episode:

MP-"There's 3 ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way"
BS-"Isn't that the wrong way?"
MP-"Yeah, but faster."

#964765 05/27/04 08:06 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I've obviously missed something. I'm guessing I don't watch enough TV...

#964766 05/27/04 08:18 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I've obviously missed something. I'm guessing I don't watch enough TV...

Simpsons

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard