Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Yestday I noticed that once I came to a stop, pushed down the clutch pedal and put it in 1st gear, the car would surge a little bit. Today I noticed it does the same in reverse. So I tried putting it in 1st with the clutch all the way down and reving the motor a bit.
The car started to move forward very slowly! It does the same thing in reverse also!!! Is there any way that the clutch would not disengage all the way? What should I check?

I appreciate any advise or comments, as I am stumped!

-David

-------------
1999 Contour SVT
K&N Air Filter Kit
Redline MTL fluid

-David ------------- 1999 Contour SVT K&N Air Filter Kit Redline MTL fluid
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Slave cylinder possibly...

99 Cougar V6 MTX...Plenty of mods My best mod thus far: Trans: Brand New MTX-75 with B1 gear set, Quaife LSD, 4.5 Final Drive, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Spec Aluminum Flywheel...
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Before replacing any parts, it would be wise to try bleeding the clutch to see if you have air in the system. The bleed port on the slave cylinder is on the top of the bell housing. You may find it helpful to move the intake air tube out of your way when trying to bleed.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
OP Offline
Thanks for the advise, I will try and bleed the slave system this weekend. Any thing else it could be if this doesn't work? It would sure suck to pull out the transmission right now...

-David

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I have had this problem for a long time. I tried bleeding and it did nothing. Let me guess, sometimes you cant get it into gear either? And it's completely random, as in it will be REALLLLY bad and then 2 minutes later be just fine? I also am thinking slave cylinder and since it's inside the tranny, its gonna be a HUGE job to replace. I have a powertrain warranty that covers "all internal components of the tranny" and i was told this is still not covered. It sucks, but yeah you and I are screwed.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Faulty pressure plate.

Captain Bart 1999 Black/Midnight Blue SVT #1949/2760 Built on 04/20/1999 Received on 05/07/1999 Sold on 08/03/2006
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
So a full clutch job would be in order to fix it anyway? To the tune of like $1200? What exactly is faulty about it?

OP Offline
tbirdjayc - It's like you have driven my car !!!
I had better start saving for all this work then... might as well do flywheel/clutch at the same time. Has anyone done the slave cylinder themselves? Thanks for the help.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Does yours make a rattling noise when you are coasting in gear? Similar to the sound of a diesel engine? I'd like to save some money and take it to a tranny shop, but if i take it to the dealer, and and internals of the tranny are damaged also, at least they are covered by my warranty.

OP Offline
Luckily, mine doesnt make any rattling noises yet. How long has yours been like that? Thanks.

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard