Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Guys-

I am going to try to replace my IRCM this week. I bought a low milage one off one of the members here (THANKS) so I need some either easy ways to get to the darn thing. Its so tight under the intake is there an easy way to achieve the replacing? Is there any links or such to how to's? I did searchs but really just came up with posts on them going on the outs. But not how or pics on how to replace it? Does anyone have any ideas on the ease of how this is done? Tools involved...

Thanks so much for your help and time..

Spankey

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Your best off removing the UIM to get to the linkage. Do that and you'll be straight. No special tools needed.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I found it easy to change if you remove the throttle body for access to the conncetion at the intake manifold. No need to remove the upper intake manifold. Of course, you must also remove the front engine cover to remove the box itself.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the throttle body idea.. I did just that and had the thing off in seconds.. That was so much easier than wrenching my knuckles in there...

Now another question... What is the nut type thing at the end of the cable that keeps the clip from coming off the cable? The irmc I bought had a broken clip at the end. So I had to cut mine off and attach it right now.. But I had NOTHING to keep the clip from sliding off the end of the cable.. So I just used a nut and bolt and did my best to bend it around the bolt then tightned it as hard as I could.

Is there another way to attach something at the end of the cable besides this rig?

Thanks for the help guys... Huge help...

Spankey

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard