Print Thread
K
Koski Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
hey folks,
after an extensive search i'm still sort of stumped.
i'm by no means an expert on rims/tires... so as dumb as it may be i'll just ask away.
Right now i've got a set of Kumho snow tires (P205/60R15) mounted on my stock 98 SE rims, and for the summer i can pick up a set of Goodyear Eagle GT2's for $10/tire.. lots of meat left on 'em but they're P205/65R15's.. anyone know if clearance will be a problem?

------------------------ 98 SE Sport Setup: Stock ---------- ----------
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there shouldnt be any problem other thank they will look goofy due to being too tall

K
Koski Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
well let's hope that the 1cm or so difference doesn't make them look too goofy

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
It will be more like 10CM of difference...205(.6)=123CM sidewall height. 205(.65)=133.25.

Your tires shouldn't be a clearance problem,and especially for 10 bucks a tire its worth it. Have the tire shop mount up a tire on a wheel and put it on the front of the car, turn the wheel side to side and see if it rubs anything.

redcontour.20megsfree.com/photo.html 98 T-Red SE Sport ATX ST200s Slightly Lowered Catless Y-Pipe Resonator Removed Clear Front Lenses Side Markers SVT Seats
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Keep in mind, tire sizes are measured in MM, not CM. A 205 CM tires would be almost 7 feet wide.....
Erik

So, 1 CM is right...

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Tirerack.com has the listing of the stock size so that you can be sure about it.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
K
Koski Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Well folks, for future reference, I brought them to the folks at the Tire People and it was a no go.
So if anyone is thinking about putting P205/65R15's on your stock 98 SE rims, don't even consider it, they do not fit.
Oh well, my buddy who sold 'em to me is willing to refund me so no loss except for my time.
Thanks again for the help.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Actually the 65 series would be almost 1" (.8" exact) larger in diamater than the 60 series. That's quite a bit.

Bruce O 98.5 SE Sport MTX, KKM, SVT exhaust 85 Z51 Vette stroker (just in case) Never forgetting the "Old Fart" Ray

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard