Next Thread
Print Thread
#951533 05/10/04 01:01 PM
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
So I was driving down the highway yesterday and I needed to get out of the way of some cars so I put it in to 4th and took off all of a sudden I hit 5 grand and the car just seem to stop accelerating,it was really just moving really slow past 5 grand.I mean real slow, it actually felt like I was topped out. So I started playing with the car and realized that it starts to pull real slow in the high rmps,and it never did this before. I feel like I've lost 10 12 horsepower atleast.All the maintenance is up to date,justy had new waterpump in and timing belt, spark plugs are good so are the wires. I'm stumped it doesn't feel like the same car right now. Does anyone know what could cause this or is anyone having the same problem and know what might be going on????Thanx

REDLINING IT ALL THE TIME 1998 mtx zetec contour 17.1 @79mph open element air filter ford 9mm racing wires dtm style exhaust
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I don't have a specific answer, but two things to check would be loss of fuel pressure (weak pump or plugged filter) and restricted exhaust (plugged cat).

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard