Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#950083 05/08/04 05:40 AM
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Its all about the money!!!!!Well we hit a record high here at the pump. 2.05 for reg and 2.20 for supreme. Then i get home to find out my rent has increased $75 more a month, due to more tax for homes and less for business. Doesnt it seem like business should be taxed more, i mean they are making a profit, im just getting paid. Seems like uncle same is really taking advantage of me. Not to mention all the taxes takin from my paycheck. I know we need them to get stuff done but my family is taking a beating from them, i think i might be out of middle class now, we both work full time. Was hoping to trade the contour in for a newer family car but doesnt look like that will happen.

Anyone else being taxed to hell??

Alpha

#950084 05/08/04 05:57 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Alphatour:
Its all about the money!!!!!Well we hit a record high here at the pump. 2.05 for reg and 2.20 for supreme. Then i get home to find out my rent has increased $75 more a month, due to more tax for homes and less for business. Doesnt it seem like business should be taxed more, i mean they are making a profit, im just getting paid. Seems like uncle same is really taking advantage of me. Not to mention all the taxes takin from my paycheck. I know we need them to get stuff done but my family is taking a beating from them, i think i might be out of middle class now, we both work full time. Was hoping to trade the contour in for a newer family car but doesnt look like that will happen.

Alpha

Aren't you liberal? I though liberals liked taxes.

#950085 05/08/04 06:15 AM
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
What are you a Jackass? Does that make you a Republican?

Alpha

#950086 05/08/04 07:42 AM
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Quote:

I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but in those of the popular form it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy....

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another; foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passion. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in governments of a monarchical cast patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose; and there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be by force of public opinion to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

A cookie to the person who knows who said this. My eternal gratitude to the person who lives it.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
#950087 05/08/04 07:45 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

Alpha

I just started a new job a few weeks ago, and 75% of my pay is comission, But the job wrote it as a bonus and uncle sam took over 40% of it 60-70% of my income is taxed at over 40% And trust me im not a wealth individual. Remember a drive a ford.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
#950088 05/08/04 01:20 PM
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
George Washington's Farewell Address...I prefer Chocolate Chip

Yeah, I'm a troll... 2000 Saab 9-5 SE 2003 Dodge Neon SXT
#950089 05/08/04 01:31 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
What are you a Jackass? Does that make you a Republican?

Alpha

It was a simple yes or no question.

#950090 05/08/04 03:47 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by PackRat:

Alpha

Good thing you quoted ... I had been wondering who you were replying to.

#950091 05/08/04 03:52 PM
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D

Yes, but only for people that already have MORE than enough money to live and enjoy the fruits of excessive wealthiness, or if the tax dollars are going worthy causes.*cough* poor choices by current administration*cough* No one enjoys taxes, but I have no problem paying high gas prices (I paid $2.15 the other day for low-grade) because I know that those rich, greedy republicans in my state are driving $50k SUVs that get 11 (12 if they're lucky ) miles to the gallon. I laugh at their stupidity, that's why I drive a small Ford. I stongly believe that if every person in the US got rid of their oversized SUV, we wouldn't need to be in Iraq conquering the oil.

What I don't like is how our tax dollars are being used, like to conquer more oil, rather than things that we really need for example, a national healthcare system. Places like Ireland, where I recently visited, also have 35-40% of their income go to taxes... but everyone has healthcare.

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
#950092 05/08/04 05:07 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Dionysus:

Yes, but only for people that already have MORE than enough money to live and enjoy the fruits of excessive wealthiness,

Wow, I always thought that liberals hated successful people but never heard one actually say it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard