Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
had the following code p 0320(see related posts), for $190 i was told i need an engine control harness $3280, crank position sensor $176, as well as stabilizer links $144 are these people kidding me with these prices?? it looks like it may be the end of the contour for me, i recenly spent 3k on a new tranny and the dealership now tells me i have a code p0731, the last time i had that code aamco sold me a new tranny, well with this info ill be returning to my old mechanic to see what he can do, what else can i do??

96 gl sport, atx, rip at 95k FDNY 343 remember 9/11
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
on the main page, I can never find it when I need it, is a list of alot of trouble codes. I'm sure this will help you better than a dealership. Something seems very wrong about the complete wiring harness.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You have PO731 1st gear shift ratio incorrect as well?

You have nothing to worry about then. My car has had that code for several years. I have brang it to two shops they said nothing is wrong with the tranny at all.

See get this, the code only comes in cold months Nov. - Mar. will happen once a week, and will only happen within the first mile of driving. It has never came on after 1 mile, nor has it ever come before Nov. and after March, also it has never come during the day, only like 7:00 or so when I got to school.

Ignore that code, I do and have no problems.

One shop said maybe the Transmission Range selector is messed up but they didnt want to replace it and then have the code come back.

As for the prices go somewhere it should be cheaper to replace that stuff, plus OEM parts cost more so that is why it is so high.

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
upon further discussion with dealership, according to them they may be able to diagnos where exactly the short is occuring along the wire harness, which runs the length of the entire vechile, and repair that section, for about $700, which is not bad, we shall see

any other thoughts/comments are appreciated

96 gl sport, atx, rip at 95k FDNY 343 remember 9/11
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by ddmd3216:
i was told i need an engine control harness $3280,

That is covered by recall, (see main page) so it should be free from the dealer.

Quote:

i recenly spent 3k on a new tranny and the dealership now tells me i have a code p0731, the last time i had that code aamco sold me a new tranny,

Didn't you get a warranty from Aamco, why would you get a tranny re-built from there?

'95 Mystique ATX I4 2.0 134,000mi '96 Contour MTX I4 2.0 36,000mi My Rides
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
That is why they call them "stealerships." The wiring harness is under an extended 100K mi/10 year warranty. Do not ask for a recal, because they will tell you that there is no recall, and they are correct. At least that is what happened with me! If your info is currect and you have 89K, you should be fine. Even if this is not what is causing your issue, have them replace it now, because it will be an issue, eventually, if the harness is original.... they are complete crap. HTH!

95 Ford Contour SE ATX:-( 84K V6 95 Mercury Mystique GS MTX 134K V6
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by PeruvianHighlander:
That is why they call them "stealerships." The wiring harness is under an extended 100K mi/10 year warranty. Do not ask for a recal, because they will tell you that there is no recall, and they are correct. At least that is what happened with me! If your info is currect and you have 89K, you should be fine. Even if this is not what is causing your issue, have them replace it now, because it will be an issue, eventually, if the harness is original.... they are complete crap. HTH!

They wont just replace it because it will become an issue. I have tried several times.

I'm not worried about hitting the 100k mark anytime soon, it is 10 years that is sort of beginning to worry me, mine has no damaged at all to it, unfortunely.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Too bad they know my milage.... I tried to lie to them (then planned to put a lower-milage instrument cluster in) and they said their "Records" showed I had 110k... [censored]

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard