Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Screw the strip..shave it and paint your bumper..I'd post mine but dont know how..so if someone can do it for me..Ill send the pic to them. Let me know. Thanks

95 V6 5SPD. Shaved bumpers,antenna,trunk lock and 1/4 extensions MIDNIGHT RED.
K
Korfu Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
email me the pictures to cow@rochester.rr.com and ill post them

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
dont they make chrome spray paint? Couldn't you just sand it down and spray that on?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Went to the junkyard, found the only contour with a undamaged front end, the silver strip was stained. Not as bad as mine but bad enough for me not to want it. Maybe I'll just paint it the color of the car but I'll probably end up leaving it how it is. Too bad Ford doesn't sell em anymore.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It is possible to have a dealership parts dept do a search for the parts (if they have a locator service/bigger dealerships)...there may be some dealer out there that has them lying on a shelf somewhere forgotten, but it would show in their inventory. I have found many parts that were no longer manufactured this way...$.02

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
K
Korfu Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DRAVEN:
Sorry about the lack of daytime lighting..gotta love ohio weather. These are pics of the shaved 95 bumper.

Hey man your bumper looks really good now i want to do that to mine, how much did that cost you or did you do it yourself.

Again it looks really good

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I did the work myself. I work in a shop. Basically I pulled off the the impact strip, Sanded everything down with #80 grit paper. Then fill with FIBERAL. Sand that down throw on some ICING, sand, prime, and prep for paint. I found that FIBERAL is the most flexible and can take a hit..found that out the hard way. Im in the middle of a complete repaint and saving antenna, trunk lock hole, 1/4 panel extensions and completely stripped the paint to bare metal. You can get your bumper ready..block the hell out of it. Prep it yourself and have someone paint it for you if you dont have access to a shop.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I never saw those pics before, or pics of a pre-98 without the strip and with it filled, looks slick. Thanks for the idea! You can go to a parts store and get the paint. I painted my computer case with the bumper chrome paint and it looks just the same.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
What exactly is Fiberal and Icing? I have never heard of these products. Is it similiar to bondo? But better quality. What is the life span of the material? (I know Bondo tends to crack and break off after a couple years).

'95 Mystique ATX I4 2.0 134,000mi '96 Contour MTX I4 2.0 36,000mi My Rides
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Fibral is made by U-pol and is a firberglass mixed bondo type product. It comes in a giant toothpastle like tube. Icing is a type of liquid putty..when its mixed and spread it looks like icing on a cake..thats where they got its name..but it is called icing on the tube. You can get them from a paintshop supply store..check the yellow pages.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard