Print Thread
#944297 05/01/04 09:43 AM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
ok here's the dirty

00 contour with chipping paint...but being that this fender is already a repaint...if i went an got ford's match for the white, do you think it would stick out noticeably?

it looks terrible now and i could just kill the a$$hole who slammed his door into it

i attached a picture, does anyone have expeirience in touchups and if it's hard to do or if they think i would run into any problems since i havent done this before

thanks

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Supposedly its possible to make things look good with touch up paint. I've tried on a friend's car that got scratched by a rock and the results were not good, even with our best efforts and careful cleaning before applying the paint. I would advise taking it to a detailer or body shop who can do a professional job on the spot, even if it will cost $75. If you just want to cover the chip, buy some matched color touch-up paint for white and go at it.

1995 Contour GL 2.0L ATX- Teal Metallic+Grey Int. Brown University, Class of 2008!
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
i agree. when i bought my 'tour, it came with a obvious 3" long touch up paint job on the hood. kinda looks like a not so well healed scar. but it's really not that noticable and i'm willing to deal with it. eventually get an all over paint job.

'98 ford contour gl 2.0L 4 cylinder manual, cabernet red mod(s): blue leds in instrument cluster, sony cdx-sw2000 cd player plan(s): air intake, exhaust, mesh grill, bright white lights, new shift and e-brake covers

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard