Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MelC Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I tried to start my car this morning...jumped in, turned the key. Nothing. All of the lights came on like normal, but nothing. I put my car into neutral and rolled it around the driveway, tried to crank again. Nothing, just all of those merry little lights shining on my dash. They did look a bit more dim than they usually do when I try to start it. And I have noticed that my headlights would dim and waver sometimes when I would turn my heat or air on. Maybe I just have a weak battery????? I hope!

When I first got the car I had to have the stinking anti-theft computer replaced. I am hoping this is not my problem again. The little red light does continue to blink when I turn the key...can't remember if that is good or bad.

ANYWAY-if it is that stinkin' computer, is there a way to bypass it????

BTW-this is a 1999 6 cylinder countour SE with 108,000 miles

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It's the PATS system.

The LED is NOT supposed to continue blinking when the key is inserted and the ignition switch is turned to RUN or START.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard