Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
This weekend, when i turned my car off, with key out of the ignition, the engine kept on running. Now everytime i drive the car it does this. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Last edited by sirdeejay; 04/26/04 06:09 PM.
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Few questions for you:

How long have you had the car?
How long has it been doing this?
How long does it run for?
Does it run smooth or really ruff after you take the key out?
Does everything inside the car shut off normally once the key is out?

Reason I ask all of this is that if you are new to teh car and the old owner had a remote start system or turbo timer the car will stay running for a set amount of time. If it is a remote start system look for a little switch somewhere, if it is left on it will keep the car running for the set time period.

HTH

1999 Ford Contour Lx, 2.5L V6 ATX, 145,000 miles Pioneer DEH-P6400 H/U , Rockford Fosgate 351M 350 Watt Amp, Pioneer TS-W305DVC 12" Sub, Compustar 2WSS, Whelen CSP650 Strobe Pack with 6 strobes, Whelen Talon B/B LED Dash Light
S
OP Offline
S
We have had the car for about 4 years. It has never done this before, and has only being running when the ignition is turned off for 3 days now. We put it in gear and let it die down. The car will keep running until we shut it off. The car idles smoothly and everything else shuts off, just the engine keeps running.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Please identify your car by year, engine, and transmission.

There are too many differences to try looking anything up without that info.

Likely culprit will be either a shorted EEC Power relay, a bad ignition switch, or a wiring fault that shorts power to something important.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard