Next Thread
Print Thread
#939084 04/25/04 10:19 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I have a few problems you guys may have the answer's for, question 1, I have a bad starter, does anyone have the part # and cost ?

question 2, i recentlty put a new k&n on my contour and it worked fine for like 3 weeks, and now i started it up today and its making a strange hissing sound, its constantly sucking air in like it would when you would accelerate.

question 3, under the MAF there is a rubber bushing with a bolt on it that connects to the transmission, that bolt has snapped in half, I have an extended warrenty through the dealership, do you think this will be covered? under the extra care used car warrenty ? please help, also we had to knock on the starter to actually get it started, whats up with my air flow ? and everything for that matter please help me find out whats wrong with my car !

Morgan

98.5 CSVT Black #5707 of 6535 Born On 4-16-98 Flowmaster Exhaust BAT MAF Adapter W/ 9in K & N Knauberized B & M Short Throw Focus SVT Rims (Hopefully Tom.) Pioneer 7300 Head Unit
#939085 04/26/04 12:31 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Is the bolt in the middle of a BIG round bushing? If so, well that's your motor mount so you better get that fixed ASAP. It should be covered under you ESP.

As for the starter, you should have that covered under your warranty too I would think. Swapping the starter isn't too bad a job. You could probably buy one form the local Auto parts store.

The hissing sound form you intake that has suddenly occured may be due to a loose connection with the intake somewhere. Otherwise, from experience most cold air intake systems hiss at idle anyway, so maybe it's nothing. But as always without seeing the car in person it's hard to guess as to what is going on with your simple description.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard