Next Thread
Print Thread
#939082 04/25/04 10:19 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I have a few problems you guys may have the answer's for, question 1, I have a bad starter, does anyone have the part # and cost ?

question 2, i recentlty put a new k&n on my contour and it worked fine for like 3 weeks, and now i started it up today and its making a strange hissing sound, its constantly sucking air in like it would when you would accelerate.

question 3, under the MAF there is a rubber bushing with a bolt on it that connects to the transmission, that bolt has snapped in half, I have an extended warrenty through the dealership, do you think this will be covered? under the extra care used car warrenty ? please help, also we had to knock on the starter to actually get it started, whats up with my air flow ? and everything for that matter please help me find out whats wrong with my car !

Morgan

98.5 CSVT Black #5707 of 6535 Born On 4-16-98 Flowmaster Exhaust BAT MAF Adapter W/ 9in K & N Knauberized B & M Short Throw Focus SVT Rims (Hopefully Tom.) Pioneer 7300 Head Unit
#939083 04/25/04 11:24 PM
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by BMorgn66:
I have a few problems you guys may have the answer's for:
question 2, i recentlty put a new k&n on my contour and it worked fine for like 3 weeks, and now i started it up today and its making a strange hissing sound, its constantly sucking air in like it would when you would accelerate.

Morgan

The hissing sounds like a vacuum leak as if a vacuum line has fallen off, IMO. Look around under the hood and you'll probably find a disconnected or cracked vacuum line.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard