Print Thread
#935572 04/21/04 05:29 PM
S
sfsvt Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Okay I just need a straight answer - Is there a MTX fluid (otc)I can use w/o all the cocktail mixing and shi-stuff? Do I have to pay Fords prices to keep it simple? Please no Archives tangents.

BLK 2K 'TOUR #1370 74k Mods: K&N Alpine Sound/Speakers more someday
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Most recommend Redline MTL

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The simple answer is no.

The more complex answer is yes. I suppose that part of the answer depends on what you mean by over the counter.

The Chrysler spec ATF+3 is a non synthetic auto trans fluid that already has a high level of friction modifier and works very well in the MTX75. Most any place that sells motor oil carries this.

RedLine MTL is a full synthetic manual trans fluid that many here have reported works extremely well in the MTX75 without any additional friction modifier. Ususlly must be purchased by mail order.

What's so hard about adding friction modifier? You make it sound like it is a big hassle. It isn't. You just squirt a half bottle of friction modifier (2 oz) before adding whatever fluid you end up with. Mobil 1 ATF with friction modifier that you add yourself works very well, is easy to obtain, and is simple to install.

Do whatever you think works for you.

I have the Ford full synthetic with added friction modifier in my car now, and before that used ATF+3. Both seem to work about the same. The price was right on the Ford fluid or I might not have bothered with it.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
The only possible problem with the friction modifier is the smell, so just give the 1/2 bottle of FM to another CEGer.

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard